My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Help with SoundBar, TV, Humax settings

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MichaelH

I'm hoping someone can suggest a solution to an audio problem I'm experiencing on a new Sound Bar/TV/Humax setup.

I have a Humax HDR-FOX T2 connected via HDMI cable to my Panasonic TV (TX-49DX600B). I have just bought a JBL Sound Bar (BAR Studio) which I've also connected to the TV using a second HDMI (ARC) cable. (there are two HDMI ports on the TV; one being ARC)

The problem is that the audio when watching a live TV program or a recorded one has frequent milisecond silent moments. Like the sound is being mutted for a split second. All backgound and speech is effected. It's consistent and only started happening with the addition of the Sound Bar. I've set the TV's own speakers to zero in case that was clashing.

I think the cables are setup correctly. If anyone has experienced something similar I'd appreciate some advise if you've managed to fix it.

Many thanks, Mike

| Sun 30 Dec 2018 12:32:49 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Humax to TV.
    TV arc to soundbar arc.
    Humax audio set to Stereo.
    TV audio set to whatever "normal" option is available, by that I mean turn OFF anything like virtual surround mode (or similar).
    Cheers
    Chris

| Sun 30 Dec 2018 13:42:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MichaelH

Thank you Chris. I've ensured the settings are as you've described but it's not fixed the problem I'm afraid. Any other suggestions gratefully received! Mike

| Sun 30 Dec 2018 14:30:45 #3 |
  4. graham uk

graham uk

special member

Our Humax is connected to the TV, but we take audio (Optical) from TV to Soundbar not the Humax.
    We do not have any sound problems.

| Sun 30 Dec 2018 17:03:15 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

From the instructions :
    TV to soundbar via ARC connections.
    Humax direct to soundbar via the other hdmi port.
    Ensure hdmi-cec (Viera link I believe it's called) is activated on the TV.
    If this doesn't work try:
    Humax to TV via normal port, TV to soundbar via optical cable. This second option, as per Graham's suggestion, will almost certainly work. If it doesn't, something is wrong.

Atb
    Chris

| Sun 30 Dec 2018 17:49:59 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

https://uk.jbl.com/home-audio/JBL+BAR+2.1.html

Also check your software/firmware version as there is an update.
    Cheers
    Chris

| Sun 30 Dec 2018 17:55:49 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

MichaelH

Thank you Graham. Sadly your suggestion hasn't cured it. (HDMI and Optical cables)
    Thanks to you too Chris for your further suggestions. The Soundbar only has one HDMI port so can't go that route.

right now I've got the Soundbar connected to the TV via the Aux jack plug. That's stopped the problem but its a shame I'm having to use the last resort route.

I'll check the JBL software status.

I appreciate the suggestions so far!

Mike

| Sun 30 Dec 2018 19:29:52 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

:oops:Apologies, I had mistakenly been reading the instructions for the Bar 2.1,dohhhh.
    If it's working via the aux input then don't worry, it's a stereo unit so the l/r of the aux cable is fine. You can use optical instead but I doubt you will notice a difference.

| Sun 30 Dec 2018 20:17:06 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

MichaelH

Good to know that the Aux route is good enough! I'll contact Panasonic to see if they've come across this issue and JBL Support too.

thanks again for suggestions.
    Mike

| Sun 30 Dec 2018 20:39:09 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gerrard

Hi Michael - I've experienced a similar problem to you, the difference being that my soundbar is a Sonos Arc. Initially it started out with sound randomly cutting out for about 10 seconds, now it manifests as my Panasonic TV losing connection to the Arc.

What I've discovered is that this only happens when the TV is also connected to my Humax box. If I disconnect the Humax, the TV can connect to the Arc again.

I put a post on the Sonos forum in hope that someone may be able to help - https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/experience-after-5-weeks-with-sonos-home-theatre-6864829

Unfortunately I didn't find the answer. So today I finally decided to contact Panasonic about the problem. They talked me through a factory reset of the TV and now I'm waiting to see if it helps. With the Humax plugged in the TV usually loses connectivity to the Arc within 24 hours, so I'm waiting to see what happens.

I hope that all sheds a little more light on the situation, if only to say that you're not mad, other people are having similar problems!

P.S. I'll update here on whether the fix works or not.

| Fri 30 Sep 2022 19:47:54 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.