My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

HHD says full - but only 25hours recordings listed

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TASKIN

This is an 9150T which has given good service. Yesterday I tried to set a programme to record and got no response. Checking the HDD, it was showing as 100% full but only about 25 hours of named recordings are listed. This has occurred around the same time as 2 instances of the remote not working, both solved by switching the PVR off and switching on again.

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 11:43:34 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

TASKIN - 3 hours ago  » 
    This is an 9150T which has given good service. Yesterday I tried to set a programme to record and got no response. Checking the HDD, it was showing as 100% full but only about 25 hours of named recordings are listed. This has occurred around the same time as 2 instances of the remote not working, both solved by switching the PVR off and switching on again.

I suspect the file system has become corrupt. Try watching the recordings you can see listed and then format the drive from the HDD Control menu item in the Record menu.

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 15:26:56 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

TASKIN

Thank you Martin. Problem is - these 25 hours of recordings I want to keep. I have deleted some old stuff and now have the HDD control showing 19% available, enough for the odd film etc. Reformatting sounds too drastic step to take just yet, I'll see how it goes and hope for no more problems.

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 20:27:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

TASKIN - 1 hour ago  » 
    these 25 hours of recordings I want to keep. I have deleted some old stuff and now have the HDD control showing 19% available, enough for the odd film etc. Reformatting sounds too drastic step to take just yet, I'll see how it goes and hope for no more problems.

Unfotunately creating new recordings, or deleting old recordings, on a 9150T disk where the fle system is corrupt risks corupting the remaining recordings that you can still access.

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 22:12:33 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

TASKIN - 2 hours ago  » 
    Problem is - these 25 hours of recordings I want to keep. I have deleted some old stuff and now have the HDD control showing 19% available, enough for the odd film etc.

Your choice but I can guarantee you will lose them but I can't predict exactly when.

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 23:27:09 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.