My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Home Screen Default

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DEphead2004

Hi Upgraded from a Foxsat HD to a new HB-1000S. All fine except the really annoying Home screen on wake from sleep when you just want to watch TV.
    Are there any settings to turn of this "feature" that experienced forumites have found?
    I have seen a thread elsewhere that suggests it really is a new feature following a software upgrade on older machines. I guess it has been incorporated in this software version FACS 1.00.05.
    All advice welcome Thanks

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 10:11:27 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

No, you are stuck with it.
    Yes, most users hate it.

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 10:17:56 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DEphead2004

Well hanks for saving me development time :). How do we make representations or is it a case of falling on deaf ears?

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 10:26:15 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

You cannot turn it off - Just press exit or back.

It probably will not change as it is a freesat requirement not something Humax dreamt up to annoy customers.

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 10:26:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

idavid

Hi all - another myhumax.org newbie fleeing from Sky tyranny. HDR-1100S up and running and quietly doing its job.

No posts in this thread since October 2013 - is Home screen still the unalterable default?

| Tue 10 Jan 2017 22:09:20 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

idavid - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi all - another myhumax.org newbie fleeing from Sky tyranny. HDR-1100S up and running and quietly doing its job.
    No posts in this thread since October 2013 - is Home screen still the unalterable default?

Yes. Other than a programmeable remote that can add an exit command to the boot sequence with a suitable delay.

Why Freesat persist in this most annoying default that annoys so many beggars belief.

Mind you there are far more annoying so called features in the Freesat designed UI (Like the totally stupid order that recordings are ordered in the media list without even a time of recording for instance)

It's pretty clear none of them use the box to record other than a few episodes of a series let alone one where the broadcasters use the same series crid for multiple series of the same programme.

Welcome to our forum by the way.

| Wed 11 Jan 2017 0:16:51 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.