My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

How do I recover lost recordings PVR 9200T

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

macc

I have checked the FAQ's and reviewed a couple of previous posts on the same issue but I have come to an impass.

I have downloaded Humaxrw.exe & ts2hrw.

1. I connected my Humax disc directly to my pc on a spare IDE connector. - Should I have set the jumper to slave or other ?

2. When I start my pc i see a found new hardware notice. But I believe as should be, the disc does not show in the My Computer list.

3. I don't know which disc number is allocated so I went through each alternative in turn trying to see a listing of recordings. - Please see attached responses shown in "cmd window".

Attachments

1. cmd_window.GIF (10.8 KB, 15 downloads) 10 years old
    | Thu 24 Apr 2014 22:28:17 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

3. The tiff picture definition is a bit low. Are you sure that the argument is a samll 'l' (L) that you typed and not the number one?

One cop-out is to use a humaxrw front-end instead of line commands. A short description and download link is available at http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/9300-transfers.166/#post-3290

Have you tried humaxrw 1: -l
    i.e. not using recovery mode?

| Thu 24 Apr 2014 23:14:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

macc

Hi

Yes I'm using the lower case "l"

I had tried without recovery mode at first by mistake, my whole PC locked up at this point.

When I'm implementing the humaxrw commands, I'm just guessing that :1 is the correct drive, purely from the diffent response I get to that drive number. i.e all the others say "partition table denied" or "unknown partition table" whereas that one says " invalid argument"

I've just tried with humaxrw 1: -r -l -n and I get the same message "Partion 0: invalid argument"
    and with humaxrw 0: -r -l -n "unknown partition table unsupprted partition"

Do you know if i need to move the jumper on the humax disc. ?

cheers Macc

| Fri 25 Apr 2014 12:41:53 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

I'm not sure about the jumper as I have never had an issue with leaving it as it is. On the Humax the jumper position does vary from box to box!
    If I were you I'd write down what it is curently set to and then experiment.

| Fri 25 Apr 2014 13:34:03 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

macc - 1 hour ago  » 
    Do you know if i need to move the jumper on the humax disc. ?

It may differ depending on the USB to IDE adapter but my recollection is of setting the jumper on the drive to Master.

| Fri 25 Apr 2014 14:24:13 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

macc

Hi Martin,

I am not using a USB to IDE adapter I'm connecting directly to an IDE ribbon socket in my pc.

In the instruction sheet with Humaxrw, it states do NOT let the pc initialise the disc in device manager.
    How do I ensure this, Do I need to do anything prior to connecting the HDD or booting my pc. I haven't up to now and although I get a notification that new hardware has been detected the drive dosen't show when I open My Computer listing.

do you think I need to run Humaxcheck -p

| Fri 25 Apr 2014 22:27:08 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

macc - 1 hour ago  » 
    I am not using a USB to IDE adapter I'm connecting directly to an IDE ribbon socket in my pc.

Over the years I have seen various configurations of IDE cables in PCs. If it isn't working try a different jumper setting on the hard drive.

In the instruction sheet with Humaxrw, it states do NOT let the pc initialise the disc in device manager.

You don't need to do anything other than answer no if the computer offers to initialise the drive.

do you think I need to run Humaxcheck -p

No. Tells us more about the computer. How many hard drives, CD/DVD drives, USB card readers etc does it have?

| Sat 26 Apr 2014 0:12:52 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

macc

OK I'll play around with the Jumper settings.

I have 1 HDD, 1 DVD Read Only, 1 DVD W/R, 4 Card readers slots various and 5 USB ports.

| Sat 26 Apr 2014 1:19:42 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

macc - 8 hours ago  » 
    I have 1 HDD, 1 DVD Read Only, 1 DVD W/R, 4 Card readers slots various and 5 USB ports.

You may find the drive at around number 7 then.

| Sat 26 Apr 2014 9:22:56 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

You could make things easier for yourself.
    I'm assuming the DVD's are IDE as well. Make a note of how the cables were originally, switch off the PC, unplug both DVD drives, you can leave the power connected to the DVD drives if easier, you should now have two IDE ribbon cables, one going to the PC hard drive, and one spare, take the spare cable and plug the end (not the one lower down) connector into the Humax drive, and power of course.
    power back up the PC, check in bios on start up, normaly 'del' or F1 or F2, and check to see that the PC bios has recognised the two hard drives, this will be the same order that Humaxrw will expect to see them.
    This should save a lot of hassle and guessing with jumpers, cable-select, master/slave etc. etc.
    If the pc bios doesn't recognise the Humax drive or Humaxrw can't find it then you'll looking at diagnosing with a Linux live CD/USB-stick or similar, but that's much easier said than done/explained.

edit, also be very careful when plugging the IDE cable in, there's a notch that should mate up, also check for bent pins on the Humax drive connector, also if the HD activity light stays on and never goes out then it's likely that the IDE cable is in the wrong way round

| Sat 26 Apr 2014 13:58:05 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.