My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

How do I start TV guide on BBC1?

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BoomyDog

Hey guys and girls.

Bought our first Humax (HDR 1000S) box after a lifetime with Sky.

The guide / manual is next to useless but we are slowing getting the hang of it.

We are trying to fine a way of having the TV guide start at BBC1 instead of the current channel? If we are listening to a radio channel the only way we can get to the start is by keying 101. Is there a better way?

Also my wife is quite upset we can't get Horse and Country channel that we had on FreeSky. Read a bit about manual tuning but nothing in the book about it.

Any tips?

Thanks guys,

Ben

| Sun 30 Jun 2013 22:20:34 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. By default the box boots to the last viewed channel. If you want to boot the box every time to the same channel then simply set the box to wake up every time to BBC1 channel 101 using the menus everyday before you normally use the box.

Home - General Settings - Power-On Timer and Power-off timer.

Not sure why you really want to do this.

With a HD box and a HD TV why don't you boot to channel 108.

| Sun 30 Jun 2013 22:53:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BoomyDog

Thanks Graham although I don't think I made myself clear.
    Ive turned the auto off feature off already as we normally leave music on for the dogs when we are out (yeah I know) so It wasnt about booting up.

During normal viewing when hitting Guide, the guide starts from the current channel we are watching, whereas with Sky, it started from the beginning. Thats what we are after! Is this possible?

| Sun 30 Jun 2013 23:02:28 #3 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

BoomyDog - 54 minutes ago  » 
    Hey guys and girls.
    Bought our first Humax (HDR 1000S) box after a lifetime with Sky.
    The guide / manual is next to useless but we are slowing getting the hang of it.
    We are trying to fine a way of having the TV guide start at BBC1 instead of the current channel? If we are listening to a radio channel the only way we can get to the start is by keying 101. Is there a better way?
    Also my wife is quite upset we can't get Horse and Country channel that we had on FreeSky. Read a bit about manual tuning but nothing in the book about it.
    Any tips?
    Thanks guys,
    Ben

That's something I didn't like about Sky as when just randomly going through the guide to see what was on and selected a channel to check it out you then had to trail through the EPG again just to get back to where you were.
    Anyhow, when you press guide you can either type in 101 or press List on the remote and select Entertainment you should find BBC at the top.
    You can get Horse and Country by using Non Freesat mode.
    Go to settings menu, select system settings and select STB mode and change to non freesat.
    Highlight and select Transponder, select User Define, select Frequency and input 12560, select Polarization and select Vertical, make sure symbol rate is 27500, select FEC and select 2/3, Save.
    Select Next, Start channel search.
    You'll find other channels in that transponder too which you can delete through the setting menu and selecting the non Freesat box.
    To go back to Freesat mode just select the Home Menu and select freesat mode.

| Sun 30 Jun 2013 23:16:43 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Alternative way is set up your favourites to include 101. On the guide screen press list up OK. Gonzo - has the bug that deleted Freesat recording reservations when entering non-freesat been fixed. Not used this for a while as I have a Foxsat-hdr with the CF channel editor installed ?

| Mon 1 Jul 2013 10:02:24 #5 |
  6. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

grahamlthompson - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Alternative way is set up your favourites to include 101. On the guide screen press list up OK. Gonzo - has the bug that deleted Freesat recording reservations when entering non-freesat been fixed. Not used this for a while as I have a Foxsat-hdr with the CF channel editor installed ?

Yes indeedy , I could be wrong, but believe it was fixed in v.22.

| Mon 1 Jul 2013 10:10:44 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Out of curiosity set up a test to see how long it takes on my box to do a full page down on the epg. As you can see the page down button was pressed at frame 151 in the clip. Full screen refresh took 47 frames or 1.88 seconds. Still a lot shorter than the claimed 3 seconds.

Attachments

1. PageDown.jpg (400.3 KB, 11 downloads) 10 years old
    | Mon 1 Jul 2013 10:25:18 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    Out of curiosity set up a test to see how long it takes on my box to do a full page down on the epg. As you can see the page down button was pressed at frame 151 in the clip. Full screen refresh took 47 frames or 1.88 seconds. Still a lot shorter than the claimed 3 seconds.

Apart from the fact that this on a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with refresh times of the guide, it is still way longer than it takes using the long winded three button workaround and therfore way longer than it needs to take. You have provide evidence of a design flaw that you had previously appeared to deny the existence of, cheers for that.
    Post edited to correct quotation error, cheers Gonzo

| Mon 1 Jul 2013 10:51:32 #8 |
  9. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

sorbiegunnerou - 38 minutes ago  » 

-gonzo- - 36 minutes ago  » 

Apart from the fact that this on a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with refresh times of the guide, it is still way longer than it takes using the long winded three button workaround and therfore way longer than it needs to take. You have provide evidence of a design flaw that you had previously appeared to deny the existence of, cheers for that.

Lol, here's you having a dig about thread having nothing to do with that topic and all the while your quoting the wrong post

| Mon 1 Jul 2013 11:32:51 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

-gonzo- - 1 minute ago  » 

sorbiegunnerou - 38 minutes ago  » 

-gonzo- - 36 minutes ago  » 

Lol, here's you having a dig about thread having nothing to do with that topic and all the while your quoting the wrong post

a well apologies for that. hopefully the context madfe it clear. I'll try and repair it.

| Mon 1 Jul 2013 11:35:37 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.