My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

How do I swicth the &£@*ed thing on?!

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

herbgold

Hi all,

Just joined this forum, which looks awfully useful. Have just connected up an HDR-1100S, and am very impressed with the results. However, have still not figured out how to turn it on reliably - we find we have to switch if off and on again at the wall. Is this a faulty unit, or are we going mad (no need to answer that), or is there some secret about the sequence of turning on the TV (a new Sony KDL-32W705C) and the Humax box that we haven't grasped?

| Sat 21 Nov 2015 18:45:26 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

herbgold - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Hi all,
    Just joined this forum, which looks awfully useful. Have just connected up an HDR-1100S, and am very impressed with the results. However, have still not figured out how to turn it on reliably - we find we have to switch if off and on again at the wall. Is this a faulty unit, or are we going mad (no need to answer that), or is there some secret about the sequence of turning on the TV (a new Sony KDL-32W705C) and the Humax box that we haven't grasped?

You may find that the TV and Humax share different views on what something called HDMI-CEC should operate.

This is quite a complex subject gives the differing boot times of the TV and Humax depend on the model and when the user initiates each power-on.

The typical problem is as you describe and also powering off one unit powers off the other.

Disable HDMI-CEC on the TV - each manufacturer call this different things (Except, Hitachi (well done)) Sony call this BRAVIA Sync.

Recommend you try this and standby cycle both units (TV first) and setting.

| Sat 21 Nov 2015 18:57:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

herbgold

Many thanks. Will try it tomorrow and report back.

| Sat 21 Nov 2015 19:31:49 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

herbgold - 57 minutes ago  » 
    Hi all,

After switching the Humax on check which HDMI port the Sony TV is looking at using your Sony remote control
    Home > Inputs (top row near the left).

| Sat 21 Nov 2015 19:45:43 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Instead of pressing the power button on the remote, press 0 (zero) twice.

| Sun 22 Nov 2015 11:15:29 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

herbgold

Thank you all very much for your helpful - and prompt! - responses. In order:

Repassac: I think setting Bravia-Sync to off seems to have done the trick.

Luke: I also changed the TV input from HDMI 1/MHL to HDMI 2, but I don't think that affected anything.

Graham: pressing zero once turned off the Humax box box.

| Sun 22 Nov 2015 12:03:48 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

herbgold - 1 minute ago  » 
    Thank you all very much for your helpful - and prompt! - responses. In order:
    Repassac: I think setting Bravia-Sync to off seems to have done the trick.
    Luke: I also changed the TV input from HDMI 1/MHL to HDMI 2, but I don't think that affected anything.
    Graham: pressing zero once turned off the Humax box box.

Pressing zero once shouldn't turn off the box if on. Zero isn't a valid channel, it should just put zero on the top left of the screen till it times out. Pressing zero boots the box if off, but the first button press can be missed, which is why pressing it twice more or less guarantees the box will boot.

| Sun 22 Nov 2015 12:09:16 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

herbgold

Update - setting Bravia-Sync to off has done the trick - have had no further problems with switching on/off. Thank you everyone for your help.

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 10:26:23 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.