My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

How far ahead does the EPG run?

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Misterhumax

I just noticed that when trying to schedule series link for The Apprentice, the only sesh results are for it on BBC1 not BBC1HD. It's not on for almost a week and I am wondering if this is a search glitch or just that the HD EPG hasn't been programmed yet.

Is there any rule how far ahead the EPG runs, and does it vary between channels?

| Fri 3 Feb 2023 0:29:32 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

The freeview epg, which the Aura uses, is transmitted for today plus the next 7 days for all channels from the sending transmitter. Providing this is part of the broadcasters' licence to broadcast.

Id this happens again, it is very easy to look up if it is a "search glitch". Open the epg and look up whether or not, the BBC1 HD channel has the details for the missing programme.

| Fri 3 Feb 2023 2:10:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Misterhumax

I didn't really want to scroll 7 days but yeah I will check now I know next time.

It's a little annoying you can't series-link from a program that already happened - you just miss a show and want to schedule recording it in future. If you select it from the Guide it simply opens the catch-up app. Makes sense because past shows are not really part of the EPG but integrated via Freeview+ IIRC, but it sure would be neat if you could.

| Fri 3 Feb 2023 10:26:59 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

You do not need to scroll ahead, you can jump directly to the day you need by using the coloured buttons at the bottom of the guide (red or yellow, I am not in front of it at the moment). Pressing the button brings the next seven days, then you just select the day you want.

| Fri 3 Feb 2023 11:07:36 #4 |
  5. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

It's the Yellow button. Red is usually for deleting.

| Fri 3 Feb 2023 11:21:16 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The FAQ's are your friend

| Fri 3 Feb 2023 11:57:47 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Geoff_W - 2 hours ago  » 
    It's the Yellow button. Red is usually for deleting.

That’s the one

| Fri 3 Feb 2023 13:44:59 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.