My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

How long to transfer SD recordings to USB

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

esme

Hi,

I'm trying to transfer an SD program I recorded to a USB, the program is around 40 minutes long any idea how long the transfer should take ?

Also is there any way of seeing what progress has been made ?

| Thu 18 Aug 2016 15:42:59 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

esme

Does it matter which USB you connect to ?

And how do I stop it safely ? Never mind I found out how just after I posted

Select the recording in the list of recordings, hit "+" and it allows you to stop the copy

| Thu 18 Aug 2016 17:26:14 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Unfortunately I do not have any SD programmes currently on HDD so cannot help with how long, but I'll record something now and time the transfer if no one else responds in the meantime.

It does take time, as the file is decrypted I believe during transfer.

You have found out how to stop transfer now....it is detailed in our FAQ

| Thu 18 Aug 2016 19:23:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

esme

Well after 2 hours I gave up.

I was transferring to a 32Gb USB stick

During that time I successfully transferred both the file I wanted to transfer to the USB & one other via WiFi to the borrowed Win10 box

After cancelling the copy to USB I then couldn't eject the USB & had to turn the 4000 off to safely remove it.

Looking at the USB on another machine 3 folders & 1 file had been written to the stick, the folders had a . at the beginning of the name which is a unix hidden file convention & I cant remember the file name but it contained a single line of text. I'll try this again & get the names & contents but I was getting a tad frustrated at the time & didn't make a note.

The point being that the 4000 could actually write to the stick but wouldn't transfer the file, well not in any sensible amount of time

I also tried the other USB port with the same results

I think this is something I need to report to Humax as I can read from USB sticks & apparently write to them, but not transfer a recording

I'm also unhappy at needing win10 or 8 just to transfer an unencrypted file over the network, the Samba & FTP servers are pretty near useless if the files are encrypted

| Thu 18 Aug 2016 22:35:40 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

esme

Update on this

I've successfully transferred recordings to USB

The time it takes seems to be about the same as actually watching the programme

The USB was a 16Gb device newly formatted as FAT32 so it was completely empty, all the other devices I tried to transfer to had files on & some were NTFS file systems

I transferred a 40+ minute recording & a 3 hour recording with no problems

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 13:12:48 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.