My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

How to add ITV region

(22 posts)
  1. Hogweed

Hogweed

Hello chaps – I live in N Ireland, so that’s the ITV I get on my Humax.

However… my daughter’s on ITV Central News tomorrow night, so I’d like to watch her if possible… is there any way to add that channel temporarily? I remember doing it when I had a SKY box, but can’t see any way to do it here.

Thanks

| Tue 20 Aug 2019 16:19:04 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Either Add the channel to non freesat mode using manual tune or temporarily change your postcode to a West Midlands one by doing a Freesat re-tune. I would use the latter as you can then easily record the content. Use your daughters post code. That will give You ITV Central West on 103.

Take a digital photo of your recording schedule as you will need to restore it when you put the correct postcode back in. You can set a recording to record the content. Best to create a manual one with padding at each end. You can copy the recording to a USB drive and watch it on other kit or import it into your box media files as a seperate recording and send her a copy.

| Tue 20 Aug 2019 18:55:07 #2 |
  3. Hogweed

Hogweed

Graham, thanks so much for your comprehensive reply. OK, I figured out how to get to non-Freesat mode, but can't for the life of me discover how to add IV West Midlands...

I COULD do it the 2nd way you suggest, but it makes me nervous... I record a lo of stuff. I guess I could indeed take a pic (or 3) of my scheduled recordings... no chance of any other complications, are there?

Thanks
    Roger

PS actually... may be having a mental block here, but I didn't know I could copy recordings to USB??

| Tue 20 Aug 2019 19:04:42 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hogweed - 3 mins ago  » 

| Tue 20 Aug 2019 19:26:44 #4 |
  5. Hogweed

Hogweed

Yes that’s pretty much what I did, thanks… nearest transponder I can find to that though is 10758,V,22000,A. Anyway, went with that one, and have loads of channels. I pressed Save, and it did… however, coming out of it, I seem to be on Channel 4 – the List button doesn't seem to do anything, sadly… so I have no channel list

| Tue 20 Aug 2019 19:41:06 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

Best thing is to reset your Foxsat to factory defaults then set up using the Midlands postcode say 30 mins before the programme. Any postcode will do as long as it's in the Central TV reception area. It won't destroy recorded programmes but it will delete your schedule so you need to note down everything in it and set it up again when you reset to your own postcode after you've recorded the special programme. Hope it works out; I assume you'll be recording it for posterity!

| Tue 20 Aug 2019 19:52:17 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hogweed - 1 min ago  » 
    Yes that’s pretty much what I did, thanks… nearest transponder I can find to that though is 10758,V,22000,A. Anyway, went with that one, and have loads of channels. I pressed Save, and it did… however, coming out of it, I seem to be on Channel 4 – the List button doesn't seem to do anything, sadly… so I have no channel list

In the words of Hitch Hikers guide don't panic you can add the missing transponder to the list. Firing up box again

Starting in Freesat Mode

Menu - Setup - Manual tune - OK- press up till you find user define and then press OK.

Fill in the following

Frequency with 0 viewable enter 10758. Press down to polarisation Press OK and select vertical.

Press down to symbol rate press OK and select 22000 and press OK.

Press down if Transmission says DVB press down again. Move to FEC and press OK, Move to 5/6 and press OK Highlight save and press OK. Go down to search noting the transponder now say 10758 V 22000 5/6. Press OK you should now find the 11 ITV channels. Save them as before. Exit list should now find the channels you added before plus the ITV ones you just added.

If you enter non freesat mode from freesat the list button should show all the stored channels.

| Tue 20 Aug 2019 20:02:44 #7 |
  8. Hogweed

Hogweed

Oddly, the LIST button doesn't seem to do anything... ever.

And now SETTINGS isn't giving me any. Maybe I won't let you do things when it's recording, which it is now... if so I'll try again later.

But before this happened, I did manage to do as you say, and get the 11 channels, then saved them. The problem was then that the LIST button does nothing, so I couldn't do anything more. I have several channels in this mode, but they are all just identified as 5000-something, then Channel 4 or just ITV.

There are several ITVs available, which I can reach on the main screen by laboriously pressing the UP/DOWN a million times - but there's no way of telling which ITV is which...

Maybe I will have to try the reset/Brum postcode tomorrow night after all

| Tue 20 Aug 2019 20:13:33 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hogweed - 58 secs ago  » 
    Oddly, the LIST button doesn't seem to do anything... ever.
    And now SETTINGS isn't giving me any. Maybe I won't let you do things when it's recording, which it is now... if so I'll try again later.
    But before this happened, I did manage to do as you say, and get the 11 channels, then saved them. The problem was then that the LIST button does nothing, so I couldn't do anything more. I have several channels in this mode, but they are all just identified as 5000-something, then Channel 4 or just ITV.

There are several ITVs available, which I can reach on the main screen by laboriously pressing the UP/DOWN a million times - but there's no way of telling which ITV is which...
    Maybe I will have to try the reset/Brum postcode tomorrow night after all

You can't do anything while the box is recording or about to record. How you got Channel 4 on the ITV transponder is no doubt because you scanned the wrong transponder.

Look at the 2nd entry down here

https://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

Now check the first entry. Every time you scan you add the transponder channels to your non freesat list. Thus duplicating channels you have already added. Every time you do this the last added channel number is incremented by 1. The channel data does not have a channel number (lcn - logical channel number) that comes from the epg.

Best to wait till your box is not recording and delete all non freesat channels and start again.

That way you will just have the 11 channels and only 4 will be ITV-1 -SD.

ITV 1 London - already on your box at 977

ITV-1 - Granada

ITV1 - Anglia East

ITV -1 Central West.

If you have scanned twice they will be duplicated (3 times triplicated) . Check each one when your Freesat epg shows the local news is being transmitted, It should be clear which one is the correct one.

| Tue 20 Aug 2019 20:16:37 #9 |
  10. Hogweed

Hogweed

grahamlthompson - 4 mins ago  » How you got Channel 4 on the ITV transponder is a mystery.

I even saw SKY as I went down the 5000 numbers with the DOWN key - didn't even think you could get SKY free, full stop.

OK, I know my limitations... I'll probably take a deep breath and try the reset idea tomorrow night. Thanks for all your help

| Tue 20 Aug 2019 20:23:31 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.