My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

How to add ITV region

(22 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hogweed - 4 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 4 mins ago  » How you got Channel 4 on the ITV transponder is a mystery.

I even saw SKY as I went down the 5000 numbers with the DOWN key - didn't even think you could get SKY free, full stop.
    OK, I know my limitations... I'll probably take a deep breath and try the reset idea tomorrow night. Thanks for all your help

Sky-news is on Freesat (202) If you have this you must have done a scan on all transonders instead of just 1. Look at the 2nd transponder in the list there are lots of ITV-regions on that transponder. You will have them all. The only way to tell is look at the Service Identifier (SID).

Not surprised you are confused you will find around 480 channels (many duplicates).

Look at the number of Free To Air channels at 28.2E

https://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

That's why I suggested changing the post code would be the easiest option.

| Tue 20 Aug 2019 20:30:38 #11 |
  2. Hogweed

Hogweed

Okily dokily, wiped the million or so channels I’d stored and went through it all very carefully again, getting 11 as you said. I noticed one of the channels I’d erroneously stored was “Sky Intro” – that’ll be what made me thinking I was receiving Sky 1 somehow.

I’m going to do the box reset and postcode change in an hour or so, but first I wanted to do it this way to understand it a little better, which I now do I think. A little. Fascinating stuff, really – if you ever get the chance, visit the BT earth station at Goonhilly. I used to work for the international part of BT, which owns it.

If the weather’s OK, they have a little dish set up outside, with a screen and joystick – on the screen are representations of all the satellites up in that part of the sky. You move some crosshairs around with the stick (which moves the dish) and, as you centre on a given satellite, a TV programme from it starts showing on another screen beside you.

Helpfully, my daughter has now told me it’s on ITV Central East Midlands, so I need to use (eg) a Nottingham postcode – as she’s in the studio in Brum, I assumed it was there, so was going to use a Brum postcode – wouldn't have seen a thing if she hadn’t casually mentioned it

| Wed 21 Aug 2019 16:40:59 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hogweed - 57 mins ago  » 
    Okily dokily, wiped the million or so channels I’d stored and went through it all very carefully again, getting 11 as you said. I noticed one of the channels I’d erroneously stored was “Sky Intro” – that’ll be what made me thinking I was receiving Sky 1 somehow.
    I’m going to do the box reset and postcode change in an hour or so, but first I wanted to do it this way to understand it a little better, which I now do I think. A little. Fascinating stuff, really – if you ever get the chance, visit the BT earth station at Goonhilly. I used to work for the international part of BT, which owns it.
    If the weather’s OK, they have a little dish set up outside, with a screen and joystick – on the screen are representations of all the satellites up in that part of the sky. You move some crosshairs around with the stick (which moves the dish) and, as you centre on a given satellite, a TV programme from it starts showing on another screen beside you.
    Helpfully, my daughter has now told me it’s on ITV Central East Midlands, so I need to use (eg) a Nottingham postcode – as she’s in the studio in Brum, I assumed it was there, so was going to use a Brum postcode – wouldn't have seen a thing if she hadn’t casually mentioned it

ITV1-Central East is on 10994 H. Scroll down till you find the transponder and the channels it carries,

https://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

| Wed 21 Aug 2019 17:39:21 #13 |
  4. Hogweed

Hogweed

Well, after all that, and a central Nottingham postcode, I only realised when they did the weather at the end that it was receiving West Midlands, so missed it.

Thanks for all your help though.

| Wed 21 Aug 2019 18:31:38 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hogweed - 19 mins ago  » 
    Well, after all that, and a central Nottingham postcode, I only realised when they did the weather at the end that it was receiving West Midlands, so missed it.
    Thanks for all your help though.

If your daughter recorded it get her to copy it to a usb stick and pop it in the post. You just need a small usb stick formatted FAT32.

Nottingham is a funny area terrestrially some areas get Sutton Coldfield (central W) and others Waltham (central East), So the postcode you use allocates 103 according to your most likely terrestrial transmitter.

| Wed 21 Aug 2019 18:55:08 #15 |
  6. Hogweed

Hogweed

Aye cheers Graham, don't worry, she'll share the files somewhere for me - just won't get to see it live. I've got over that now

Thanks again
    Roger

| Wed 21 Aug 2019 21:12:19 #16 |
  7. Hogweed

Hogweed

Just got a still so far

Attachments

1. News.jpg (58.6 KB, 0 downloads) 4 years old
    | Wed 21 Aug 2019 23:00:07 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hogweed - 12 hours ago  » 
    Aye cheers Graham, don't worry, she'll share the files somewhere for me - just won't get to see it live. I've got over that now
    Thanks again
    Roger

Be careful - it's illegal to upload copyright content to a public file share source. Much safer to get a copy in the post I can't see any one objecting to a single personal copy.

| Thu 22 Aug 2019 9:47:34 #18 |
  9. Hogweed

Hogweed

Ah right - me just making assumptions. She actually works for ITV, so hopefully knows what she can and can't do

| Thu 22 Aug 2019 9:55:00 #19 |
  10. Hogweed

Hogweed

So now she's working for ITV Wales, and is on screen later tonight - thanks to you, I just had to look back through this post, and now I've reset my box to a Cardiff postcode, and all ready to be Proud Father

| Wed 26 Aug 2020 17:45:53 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.