My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

How to make my Humax remote turn the TV on

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnvanSomeren

I have a Humax 1100S and a Samsung Smart TV model TD390S. I have followed the Humax instructions to select a 3-digit code so that the remote control (RC) will 'talk' to my TV. Two problems: (1) the RC doesn't always respond to the 3-digit codes as I enter them (and I have to begin all over again) and (2) the PDF lists 34 (!!!) different 3-digit codes under 'Samsung'.

All but a couple were dud (or the RC wasn't properly responding to my keying) and I couldn't find a code that did what I wanted. At one point a code (which I promptly forgot because I am old enough for a free TV licence) let the Humax RC turn the TV on and off, butit was with its own 1/0 button and not the TV button. And it no longer turned the Humax receiver on and off. Long presses on 0 and OK and/or removing the batteries etc sorted that out.

All I want is for the Humax RC's TV button to turn my TV on and off. Is that too much too ask?

| Wed 13 Sep 2017 22:30:41 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The number of codes is down to Samsung.

This is a guess but I think you might of keyed in the change Humax codeset sequence. (Press and hold the 0 and OK buttons simultaneously for approx 5-10 seconds).

Try again making sure that the remote is pointed at the Humax and each sequence is fully keyed.

| Thu 14 Sep 2017 7:26:04 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.