My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

How to remove 'subtitles'

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

NickButt

When using the playback facility on live TV, I always get the speech translated into text. This is a major distraction and hasn't always happened, I suspect a software update added it.

I cannot find the option that removes this 'subtitles for the deaf'. Can anyone provide an insight, please?

| Sun 26 Feb 2012 8:51:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

NickButt - 27 minutes ago  » 
    I cannot find the option that removes this 'subtitles for the deaf'. Can anyone provide an insight, please?

You haven't said which Humax box you own but the display of subtitles is controlled by a button on the remote control.

| Sun 26 Feb 2012 9:20:21 #2 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

NickButt - 3 hours ago  » 
    When using the playback facility on live TV, I always get the speech translated into text. This is a major distraction and hasn't always happened, I suspect a software update added it.

Those pesky random software updates. Subtitles aren't normally ON by default though so I guess you've switched them on by mistake at some point.

| Sun 26 Feb 2012 12:15:57 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Biggles - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Those pesky random software updates. Subtitles aren't normally ON by default though so I guess you've switched them on by mistake at some point.

There are known bugs on some models that will display sub titles without user intervention but as we don't know the model we can only speculate.

| Sun 26 Feb 2012 12:37:07 #4 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

I assume this is on the HD models then as I've never come across a problem on the SD models. Thanks for that Martin, I wasn't aware.

| Sun 26 Feb 2012 12:49:05 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Biggles - 1 hour ago  » 
    I assume this is on the HD models then as I've never come across a problem on the SD models.

I think the worst problem is with the FOXSAT but somebody else can confirm.

| Sun 26 Feb 2012 14:22:06 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

There is one problem on the Foxsat HDR, and it only occurs if you use a customised BBC region (ie not the BBC Region allocated/associated with postcode)

Pressing exit twice normally dismisses the subs.

| Sun 26 Feb 2012 14:56:37 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Barry - 30 minutes ago  » 
    There is one problem on the Foxsat HDR, and it only occurs if you use a customised BBC region (ie not the BBC Region allocated/associated with postcode)
    Pressing exit twice normally dismisses the subs.

And only on time shifted content. I've never seen it on a live transmission or replaying a recording (including chasing playback). The same bug on the Foxsat-hdr has popped up in the past mainly on the BBC-HD channels. For these toggling the subtitles on and off while viewing the channel live, fixed it for me. This doesn't work as Barry says for customised BBC1 and/or BBC2 channels at 101 and 102. Oddly using the appropriate region in the 950's doesn't show the subtitles after a live pause.

| Sun 26 Feb 2012 15:35:46 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

NickButt

Thanks for the feedback. Should have said I have a Fox Sat HDR. And the problem recurred when watching the Scotland Framce game this afternoon.

I will try the proferred solutions.

| Sun 26 Feb 2012 22:19:31 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.