My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

How to Update PVR-9150T Software

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Senjo

Sorry for being a bit stupid, but I don't really understand the over air software update instructions for my Humax PVR-9150T. I still have v1.00.17 form when I first bought it a couple of years ago. The update website says new software is being broadcast from 10am Monday 26/03/12 to 9am Wednesday - Does the TV and box have to be switched on all that time? Do I just switch it on any time during that period and go to Installation - manual update or automatic update? Someone told me I had to leave it on overnight.

| Sat 24 Mar 2012 18:39:21 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just the reverse, the box needs to be in sby overnight to auto update. The TV plays no part at all. Which begs the question why it hasn't updated already (Do you leave it on 24/7?)

| Sat 24 Mar 2012 19:08:07 #2 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Senjo - 5 hours ago  » 
    Someone told me I had to leave it on overnight.

Rather than taking notice of what 'someone' says, have a look in the manual. While I have to say the instructions for software update aren't very clear if you don't know what's happening (as I didn't when I first got a Freeview box) there is a clear message there saying that the box must be in STANDBY for it to update automatically. You can do the update manually when the software is being transmitted, take a look at this Humax web page.

| Sat 24 Mar 2012 23:58:53 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Grahamwin

Update software for Humax PVR 9200T to update my humax the manual refers to a PC computer. Has anyone tried to do these software updates through an Apple Mac or an IMAC, are the Macs alright to use for Huamx updates, or is it only PCs?
    Hoping someone can help Grahamwin

| Thu 5 Apr 2012 7:50:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Grahamwin - 2 hours ago  » 
    Update software for Humax PVR 9200T to update my humax the manual refers to a PC computer. Has anyone tried to do these software updates through an Apple Mac or an IMAC, are the Macs alright to use for Huamx updates, or is it only PCs?

Basically PC only. It should take only a few minutes so feasible to get a freind or acquaintance to pop round with a notebook PC. It doesn't need a high specification model so perhaps somebody you know has an old one tucked away you could borrow. If the PC doesn't have a serial port then you will need to buy a USB to serial adapter and cross over cable. See Flash9200 software for my notes on doing this and my software.

| Thu 5 Apr 2012 10:13:21 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Senjo

Thanks for your advice Graham and Biggles. I'm now on the latest version. Thought it would sort out the freezing problem but it don't think it has - still that's a different thread...

| Sat 28 Apr 2012 18:20:28 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.