My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HRD1000S Signal Problem - Suspect it is LNB

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

seefive

Hi All.

My HDR1000s has been fine until today. I was watching it, and it came up with the weak signal message and stopped displaying the program - or any program. It has done this before when the sky is full of snow / heavy rain, and if I wait it comes back. This time it didn't.

So, I had a look at the signal strength display. Signal 2 was strong, Signal 1, nothing. Tried a power-off reboot, same fault.

I thought that it might be something from the dish to the box, so I powered it off and swapped the two sat-in cables around. That change swapped the strong signal to tuner 1, no signal onto tuner 2 - the opposite of before, and I started seeing programs again.

However, I didn't think that I would get a full range of functions with only one tuner - I guessed recording would fail. I tried recording something other than what I was watching. It shows as recording on the program guide, but not showing on the "most recent" display on my recordings. I guess it ain't happening.

So, with my limited knowledge, would this be a reasonable diagnosis?

1) Being able to move the signal by changing cables would indicate a problem somewhere before the box - most likely LNB?

2) Not seeing the recording happening on "most recent" would indicate that the fault is still present on the cabling to tuner 2, and it is not the HDR box not displaying a signal until that tuner is active (it is supposed to be recording now and still tuner 2 is showing as dead)?

Thanks for reading. Any advice would be gratefully received.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I am watching BBC1 and when I hit record for BBC1, it shows in most recent as recording.

If I record ITV, it shows the red R on the EPG, but does not record.

Therefore, I think my cabling to tuner 2 is not providing a signal given all the above.

| Wed 5 Feb 2014 17:57:58 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Check the F connectors as a first step.

| Wed 5 Feb 2014 19:09:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Water ingress at the LNB f-plug connection?

| Wed 5 Feb 2014 19:55:34 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

seefive

I checked the f plugs at the wall, and have switched the cables on the box, so it's all ok inside the house.

I will have a look at LNB connectors once this weather calms down a bit - don't want to be blown off the ladder!! Thanks for the pointers.

| Thu 6 Feb 2014 11:10:35 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.