My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax HDR - 1000/1010S Recording and Pause not working

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff2021

I have a Humax HDR-1000/1010S Freesat receiver/recorder box. The hard drive was replaced a few months back and the box returned to functioning normally. Recently the Record and Pause functions have ceased to operate.

I have tried leaving the box unplugged overnight but this hasn’t worked as a fix.

The hard drive is spinning when the box is on. The 'Storage' section of the Settings menu shows the message " Connect a USB hard drive [HDD] to the box to be able to record a programme and pause live TV". I tried this and, although the HDD was recognised and the Humax gave the option to format the HDD, it wouldn’t initiate that process. This part of the menu, which should 'see' the installed Hard Drive, doesn’t see it.

When I try to get a live TV programme to 'Pause' the following message appears "The function does not work while retrieving data for time shift buffer. Try again in a few seconds." Basically the Pause function doesn’t work.

Any suggestions for getting this Humax back to full working order please?

| Sat 16 Jan 2021 19:13:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

There is a well know hardware problem with the HDR-1000S that causes the problem you are experiencing. Nobody here has so far managed to pin down the exact cause. Sometimes after leaving the box powered off the hard drive may work for a while. If you want a fix, the only route I know is to send it to Digirepairs see https://www.digirepairs.co.uk/product/repair-booking-humax-freesat-plus-freeview-plus-youview-plus-box-repairs-2/

| Sat 16 Jan 2021 20:10:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff2021

Thanks for the information. About a year back I had sent the box over to Digirepairs, and it came back to me with the problem resolved, but now the same [or similar] problem has reoccurred. I was looking for information on if it was possible to do a home fix, but it looks like that's not the case.

I did see a recent post on this forum where a similar problem was resolved by reformatting the HDD [errors had been noted on the HDD], and it fixed the problem. It means getting hold of a HDD docking station and doing a reformat, I think using a linux based operating system.

Any other information on this problem would be helpful.

| Sat 16 Jan 2021 22:56:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geoff2021 - 31 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for the information. About a year back I had sent the box over to Digirepairs, and it came back to me with the problem resolved, but now the same [or similar] problem has reoccurred.

That is disappointing.

I did see a recent post on this forum where a similar problem was resolved by reformatting the HDD [errors had been noted on the HDD], and it fixed the problem. It means getting hold of a HDD docking station and doing a reformat, I think using a linux based operating system.

I would say if the drive is healthy then using fsck has a reasonably chance (based on experience with the HDR-FOX T2) of fixing it without reformatting. The easy test is if you or a friend has a known working SATA drive lying about then put it in the Humax. If the Humax recognises it then there is a problem with the drive taken from the Humax; if it doesn't then you have the problem that Digirepair only managed to fix for a relatively short time and probably best to look at what other box you could buy.

| Sat 16 Jan 2021 23:35:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff2021

Hello Martin
    I am not familiar with fsck so would appreciate an explanation please. I will try your suggestion of putting another SATA drive into the Humax: thanks.

| Mon 18 Jan 2021 11:03:29 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geoff2021 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I am not familiar with fsck so would appreciate an explanation please.

fsck is the standard check and repair software for the common Linux filesystems. You would need to attach the drive to a PC using a USB to SATA adapter and then boot the PC from a Linux live CD to run fsck.

| Mon 18 Jan 2021 12:21:52 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff2021

Ah OK. Thanks for that.

| Mon 18 Jan 2021 12:28:26 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.