My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax 1000s failure

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

drblood

My 1000s appears to have stopped working. The display on the front still displays as it should, but I do not get any picture and auto switching of the TV does not occur. I had noticed that the fan was not working, so removed the fan to try and source a similar replacement. I was about to purchase when the guy in Maplins said that he would test the one removed from the PVR. It worked upon testing. My question is, does the fan run all the time, or is it temperature controlled? I have ordered a new HD in anticipation that the HD has died. Will the PVR still play programs without a working hard drive?

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 23:00:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Is it a HDR-1000S? There's no display on the HB-1000S, and no internal hard drive.

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 23:43:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

drblood

Apologies, yes it is the HDR version with a 1tb HD

| Fri 6 Mar 2015 0:35:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

It should still boot up even with a faulty HD, how is it connected to the tv, if by hdmi have you tried the scart connection. Also does it respond to remote commands, i.e. can you change channel and see that displayed.

Check all the connections, power off tv and humax at mains and power back on again

| Fri 6 Mar 2015 0:43:45 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

drblood

Hi thanks, It was connected via HDMI, I didn't check the remote for ability to change channels. I will try the SCART tomorrow after I replace the fan.
    BTW, I have connected my old FOX Freesat decoder to the same TV using the existing HDMI connection and that works OK.
    Replacement HD on order anyway.

I will report back after trying with SCART connection.

Regards

| Fri 6 Mar 2015 1:44:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

drblood

Looks like the HDMI output has failed, works fine with the SCART lead but nothing with just the HDMI connected.

Also, the fan still not running. It would be interesting to know whether this only kicks in when required?

| Fri 6 Mar 2015 11:20:23 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

drblood - 33 minutes ago  » 
    Looks like the HDMI output has failed, works fine with the SCART lead but nothing with just the HDMI connected.
    Also, the fan still not running. It would be interesting to know whether this only kicks in when required?

It's a smart fan and only runs when required.

| Fri 6 Mar 2015 11:57:39 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.