My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax 1000s remote control question

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

negerove

When i switch it off and leave for a night, i can't turn it ON with remote in the morning, i have to do it manually by pressing the Power button on the box. But if i switch it off and then immediately press Power button on remote, it switches ON !

Is this normal ?

thx

| Thu 22 May 2014 21:01:58 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Are you sure it is not switching on as it takes a while to display anything on TV, look for the red power led going off as a confidence check.

Box takes a couple of minutes to shut down to full standby, which is why you see it boot almost immediately.

| Thu 22 May 2014 23:35:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

negerove

Thank You.
    100% sure that nothing is happening. One sign of inactivity is that the clock is still ON on the box when i press Power button on the remote. Box is silent, not sound as if it was waking up.

| Fri 23 May 2014 4:47:44 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Thank you for the update.

You could try a factory reset and/or re pairing the remote and unit see FAQ re changing remote code:

Remote Control FAQ

| Fri 23 May 2014 8:42:05 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try using the zero button on the remote to boot the unit rather than the power toggle.

unlike the power button you can press it several times in succession.

| Fri 23 May 2014 10:06:54 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

negerove

Barry - 8 hours ago  » 
    You could try a factory reset and/or re pairing the remote and unit see FAQ re changing remote code:
    Remote Control FAQ

Done factory reset yesterday, no luck. Done the repairing now (chose mode 2). will test in the morning if humax switches on. if not, is there a point to try mode 3 ? What are these modes ?

thx

p.s. pressing zero gave no results (i pressed every buttom on the remote :))

| Fri 23 May 2014 17:14:35 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

negerove - 2 minutes ago  » 

Barry - 8 hours ago  » 
    Remote Control FAQ

Done factory reset yesterday, no luck. Done the repairing now (chose mode 2). will test in the morning if humax switches on. if not, is there a point to try mode 3 ? What are these modes ?
    thx
    p.s. pressing zero gave no results (i pressed every buttom on the remote :))

The modes allow you to control more than one Humax box in the same room without the remote controls clashing. It's not unknown for the remote to strangely change mode all by itself so box and remote become incompatible.

For instance a couple of times my HDR1000S started to control my Foxsat-hdr. Resetting the remote to the correct mode for the HDR1000S fixed it instantly.

| Fri 23 May 2014 17:22:35 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

negerove

When i switch the box off and press ANY number on remote, it switches back ON, but never after long stand by.

| Fri 23 May 2014 17:23:33 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

negerove - 38 minutes ago  » 
    When i switch the box off and press ANY number on remote, it switches back ON, but never after long stand by.

Very strange - Is the box set to use low power sby ? If you leave the box in sby for 20 minutes does the remote then work ?

You aren't by any chance turning off the mains power to the unit while it's in sby ?

| Fri 23 May 2014 18:04:52 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

negerove

tried both standbys, same result. at the moment its showing clock, so its normal standby.
    and surely i dont touch mains ;))
    watched smth on ps3 for 45mins ... cant turn humax back on, have to press the button on the box.

| Fri 23 May 2014 18:28:18 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.