My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax 1010S can't get past "starting"

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Neerg

My 1010s box gets to the point where it says "starting" on the front of the box itself and the Humax logo comes up on the TV, then nothing - the front of the box goes blank and nothing on the TV screen, the red light on the box is on and it doesn't respond to the remote. Now have to turn the power on/off manually, but just get the same thing each time. Changed the batteries in the remote just in case. It's been working fine until now.
    It's well outside of warranty so don't mind opening it up if anyone has any pointers. Just wondering if it may have reached the end of the road! Any suggestions welcome.

| Mon 21 Mar 2022 21:02:41 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

My guess is that the boot is hitting some untrapped error, possibly harddisk related.

I would suggest:
    - removing the power for 10 mins, opening the unit (screws hidden in legs) and disconnecting hard disk. Repower - does it boot now?

I think it is most proberly a disk problem and if so I would remove the drive, connect to a PC and delete all partitions, replace the drive in the 1100S and repower. Hopefully it will format it again without problem.

Make sure that if you are going to open the unit you allow ample time for the capacitors power to drain. Best to disconnect power by removing power supply connection.

| Tue 22 Mar 2022 7:16:19 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.