My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax 1010s not booting up

(6 posts)
  1. Davy

Davy

special member

I bought my Humax 1010S from Curries/PC World in October 2013. I had to reboot it yesterday because it froze in that the remote wouldn't change channels etc. Put new batteries in but still the same. Tried to start using the front on off button but no luck so had to remove power cord and plug back in which restarted it.
    An hour or so again, I had it on standby and tried to switch it on again. It went to start then reverted back to the clock and did that each time I tried.
    I unplugged the power cord again for 15 mins and tried with the from on off button. It did the same again so I tried it again and this time it booted up no problem.
    My questions are this, is there a fix for this, and if not, will I get a replacement box from where I bought it as it should be covered by a years guarantee. Or do I need to contact Humax directly as I still have the original box plus receipt here to show them.
    Scared to switch it off now as I have a lot of recordings on it that I will need to transfer to another HD as I downloaded compete series etc onto the internal hard drive and would hate to loose them.
    Ones I have recorded from the tv I,can live without if need be.
    Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

| Tue 19 Aug 2014 23:21:18 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Make a note of your recording schedule and perform a reset to factory default. Your recordings will remain.

| Wed 20 Aug 2014 7:05:14 #2 |
  3. Davy

Davy

special member

I've emailed Humax plus Curries and sent both a tweet as well. Curries replied saying they will get back to me as soon as..
    It's been ok today, but I've about 650 gig of stuff on the hard drive so am copying it to another just in case it finally goes.
    Once that's done, will do a factory reset as you said and see how that goes..

| Wed 20 Aug 2014 11:37:52 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You do know that you cannot copy recordings off the unit (unless you loaded the material on to it)?

The recordings partition is on an encrypted filing system.

| Wed 20 Aug 2014 11:49:45 #4 |
  5. Davy

Davy

special member

REPASSAC - 25 minutes ago  » 
    You do know that you cannot copy recordings off the unit (unless you loaded the material on to it)?
    The recordings partition is on an encrypted filing system.

Yes, I know I can't copy recordings I made from the TV but these are files I downloaded myself and put on to the internal hard drive. I can easily copy them to an external hard drive as I have done this before...

| Wed 20 Aug 2014 12:16:02 #5 |
  6. Davy

Davy

special member

I copied all my downloads on to an external drive and formatted the hard drive in the Freesat box. I knew I would delete the TV recordings but that was no loss. Did a factory reset and put my recordings back on the hard drive. Everything is ok now, fingers crossed! Thanks for the help. Got this email from Humax...

Thank you for contacting Humax Support. Try disconnecting the unit from the internet and resetting it as follows. Once reset you can reconnect any internet connection.

Following these instructions will reset some system settings including your Recording Schedule (Please replace when complete to ensure you still record favourite programmes)

Any previous recorded programmes will be saved.

1. Press Settings on your remote.
    2. Move to System Settings and press OK.
    3. Move to Factory Default and press OK.
    4. Reset System will be highlighted, press OK.
    5. It will ask you if you are sure, highlight Yes and press OK.
    6. It will then ask for your password, default is 0000
    7. The box will then reset itself. You will then need to go through the initial setup again.

| Sat 23 Aug 2014 12:20:52 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.