My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax 1010S viewing Photos

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pfougere

Hi, I have resolved an initial problem by reducing the size and dimensions of the photos and have managed to view them successfully. This works fine with approx 20 photos loaded via a flash drive. I have now created a new photo folder and loaded several hundred photos onto the HDD. When I try to play a slide show nothing happens. Is there a limit to the number of photos one can use in a slideshow? My photo size/resolution is 1280-960 approx 200Kb. Any ideas?

| Sat 21 Sep 2013 16:50:31 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

the HDR1000 is hopeless as a DNLA client as regards music and can't cope with relatively small music collections. It looks like the same applies to photos. It's probably the same bit of software used for both.
    I have stated in various other threads at other times in this forum that the DNLA client on the HDR1000 is not fit for purpose and this has been backed up by a couple of others who have found the same shortcomings. The general concensus of the forum, strangely, seems to be that either the problem doesn't exist or that expecting the product to do all the things it claims to be able to do is being unreasonable.
    So yes I have an idea. Unfortunately it is simply that this function of the product doesn't work and so there are no settings or adjustments you will be able to make to your box or your image files to get it to work. Sorry I could not be more helpful.

| Tue 24 Sep 2013 12:34:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

sorbiegunnerou - 1 hour ago  » 
    the HDR1000 is hopeless as a DNLA client as regards music and can't cope with relatively small music collections. It looks like the same applies to photos. It's probably the same bit of software used for both.
    I have stated in various other threads at other times in this forum that the DNLA client on the HDR1000 is not fit for purpose and this has been backed up by a couple of others who have found the same shortcomings. The general concensus of the forum, strangely, seems to be that either the problem doesn't exist or that expecting the product to do all the things it claims to be able to do is being unreasonable.
    So yes I have an idea. Unfortunately it is simply that this function of the product doesn't work and so there are no settings or adjustments you will be able to make to your box or your image files to get it to work. Sorry I could not be more helpful.

Agree 100%. I've documented this in detail here...
    http://community.freesat.co.uk/t5/free-time/1000S-quot-Media-Share-quot-Client/m-p/10786#M1758
    ...with no feedback whatsoever from Freesat/Humax.

| Tue 24 Sep 2013 14:15:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Freesat have been making major changes to their forum setup with the result that the link I posted above no longer works.
    I also note that in making the changes they appear to have "sanitized" the forums, removing lots of posts that voiced criticism of the product. It appears that lots of end-user concerns may well not be addressed by the development team.

| Sat 28 Sep 2013 10:43:08 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.