My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax 1100S blown components

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RiTCH50

Hi and sorry for the first post being a request for help!
    But here goes: I have a Humax HDR-1100s that has stopped tuning.
    It boots up very slowly then gets to the tune setup screen and just sits there.
    I tested the HDD and scanned every single sector using my favourite dos based bootable program MHDD and can confirm it is perfect.
    However, during this I noticed 2x blown components on the mainboard.
    I have attached a picture from this site with the 2x components marked, what I believe is a SM cap and a SM transistor. The transistor is too burnt to identify.
    Would anybody have access to a schematic or board to identify them. It would be an absolute godsend if anybody does! I really love this box and want to get a few more years out of it.
    Thanks in advance RiTCH

Attachments

1. humax.jpg (92.1 KB, 16 downloads) 2 years old
    | Mon 21 Mar 2022 16:03:52 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

RiTCH50 - 3 hours ago  » 
    However, during this I noticed 2x blown components on the mainboard.
    I have attached a picture from this site with the 2x components marked, what I believe is a SM cap and a SM transistor. The transistor is too burnt to identify.
    Would anybody have access to a schematic or board to identify them.

It is an interesting observation but I don't think anybody is likely to have a schematic so it needs an owner who is prepared to open up their box and see if they can identify the components; any takers? You might also want to post your question over at hummy.tv where there has been some interesting work recently in identifying the failed component causing boot problems on the earlier Freeview HDR-Fox T2 box.

| Mon 21 Mar 2022 19:38:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RiTCH50

Hi Martin, i'll try posting there - well worth a try.
    Thanks

| Tue 22 Mar 2022 12:27:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

GeoffKurth

Hi RiTCH,
    As I'm currently trying to fix my Humax HDR1100s which suddenly died during playback - no lights, no nothing (HDD is OK, Power on the board), I can oblige with a couple of pictures.
    The Transistor is marked "C8A1J", and the capacitor has no marlings - but looks very similar to its naighbour.
    Good luck,
    Geoff

Attachments

1. HumaxHDR1100sCap.jpg (137 KB, 0 downloads) 1 year old
    2. HumaxHDR1100sTran.jpg (155.1 KB, 0 downloads) 1 year old
    | Mon 18 Jul 2022 13:33:07 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

I have never had to use the following company to fix my Humax but I heard they were very good so I have kept the bookmark. I have no connection with this company.: -

https://www.digirepairs.co.uk/product/humax-set-top-box-repair-booking/

| Mon 18 Jul 2022 15:57:03 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

landyoneten

Hello All.

I am new to this site so thought that I would introduce myself.

As a qualified Electronics Engineer and Humax enthusiast, I have worked with Humax boxes for many years and have gained a good knowledge and experience with them.

I have joined this forum to help others with identifying and resolving issues and I have recently began my own small business doing electronics repairs of all varieties.

The bulk of my work has been with Humax boxes particularly the HDR-1100S no power/recording/signal issues as well as many others.

Please do get in touch if I can help in any way, whether its just for a chat or to arrange a repair.

Thanks,
    Matt

| Wed 20 Dec 2023 22:40:53 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.