My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax 1100s Remote

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dannysands

This remote constantly clicks when you press it! How do you put it on silent mode?

| Sat 7 Jul 2018 7:12:24 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You can't. It's a feature of the remote AKA positive feedback.

| Sat 7 Jul 2018 11:25:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickkr

I agree - it's damn annoying. Whoever designed it has never sat on a sofa with their with partner, who is reading the paper, glowering at them whilst they surf through channels click, click, click , click, click. click, click, click, click ,click .click. click, click, click, click , click ,click. click, click, click, click , click, click. click, click, click, click ,click .click, click, click, click, click , click .click. click .....

In fact I've taken to using the phone/tablet app to find what I want and then going straight to the program or recording with the minimum of clickity clicks...

None of the other multitude of remotes I own does this , everything from cheap Chinese devices to high end HiFi.. all blissfully silent in operation so no old flannel about the benefits of "positive feedback".

| Tue 17 Jul 2018 10:43:56 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

nickkr - 1 hour ago  » ...so no old flannel about the benefits of "positive feedback".

I've not come across anyone on this forum, or indeed anywhere, that would disagree with you. It's a mystery as to why Humax came up with this feature.

| Tue 17 Jul 2018 12:43:53 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.