My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Humax 1800t. Sound issue - update download problem

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

kelf

Hi,

I have a Humax hdr 1800t and have recently bought a new tv which requires connection via a HDMI cable. I have connected the 1800t and I have no sound when I try to record. I have read elsewhere on the forum that an update can be downloaded from the Humax website which I have done. However, the website says I should download and the ZIP file. The file is a .hdf file. I assumed Winzip would work but it does not and I have found it impossible to find something that will unzip the .hdf file. I have found app/programs that can change the hdf file to another formal but not that will open it.

Can anybody advise the program to use and how to use the program so as to unzip it.

Many thanks for your anticipated assistance.

Kelf

| Sun 11 Oct 2020 9:21:16 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

kelf - 56 mins ago  » 
    The file is a .hdf file. I assumed Winzip would work but it does not and I have found it impossible to find something that will unzip the .hdf file. I have found app/programs that can change the hdf file to another formal but not that will open it.

If the extension is .hdf you don't need to do anything to the file; just transfer it to a suitable USB memory stick.

| Sun 11 Oct 2020 10:19:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

kelf

Thanks Martin. I will give it a go.

| Sun 11 Oct 2020 10:31:19 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.