My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Humax 2000T slow to respond on power up

(17 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

gran - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you for your detailed replies. I found the explanation interesting. My Sky box was only just over a year old, but I have no idea of the power consumption on standby.

If it booted up near instantly about 22-23W approx.

| Tue 21 Jan 2014 12:51:34 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

sparky - 2 weeks ago  » 
    Thanks for all the response, seems it is quite normal then. I might go back to the old box as it seems to have more user friendly features.
    I notice also on the 2000T that the 3 X slow frame option seems to be omitted, handy when watching sport and magic shows.

There's a slow motion option on the HDR Fox T2, I wouldn't like to vouch for it being a third speed but it does exist. There's a play button with a vertical line through it on the remote control (sort of like Pause and Play together), but it's in the group of buttons at the bottom away from the other transport controls. Is this really missing on the 2000T?

| Thu 23 Jan 2014 13:23:36 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Owen Smith - 1 hour ago  » 
    ... slow motion option ... Is this really missing on the 2000T?

Yes

| Thu 23 Jan 2014 14:27:34 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

Luke - 46 minutes ago  » 

Owen Smith - 1 hour ago  » 
    ... slow motion option ... Is this really missing on the 2000T?

Yes

Wow. I was merely avoiding the 2000T due to wall wart external power supply (which I hate for this sort of product) and lack of RF pass through which seems to be accepted as a bug by Humax which they intend to fix. But otherwise the box appeared to have the same feature set (barring an ugly remote control). This is the first time I've heard of a genuine missing feature. I shall be advising anyone that asks to get the HDR Fox T2 instead now, previously I'd been ambivalent.

| Thu 23 Jan 2014 15:17:13 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

With the HDR-FOX T2 you can add your own book marks and skip through them on playback. The HDR-2000T does not have this feature. But it does still remeber were you were last watching if you resume play.
    The HDR-2000T does not have source and sleep buttons.
    The HDR-2000T remote can only control the PVR and the TV.
    It also lacks V-FORMAT, WIDE and TV/RADIO buttons but for these the functionality is available via the menus.

| Thu 23 Jan 2014 15:34:38 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

Worse and worse. Clearly the 2000T is not a worthy replacement for the HDR Fox T2.

| Thu 23 Jan 2014 15:37:19 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

I forgot to mention the reason I returned mine.
    Like the HDR-FOX T2 it has a menu option for selecting whether you are using it on a 16:9 TV or a 4:3 TV. I was going to use mine on a 4:3 TV but unlike the the options within that setting for a HDR-FOX the HDR-2000T options made no difference and it treats the broadcats as if 'Auto' is selected. When using a 4:3 TV it depends on the broadcasters use of the AFD what sort of a picture you end up with.

As the options are there to select I presume that this is a bug that will be fixed.

The options within 16:9 work fine and so this wont effect most set-ups.

| Thu 23 Jan 2014 15:59:54 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.