My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax 4000 problem

(4 posts)
  1. Zebede

Zebede

Hi. My box is recording and playing back through the TV OK.
    But, there are no TV guide, and no access to play live channels or option to add new recordings.
    Have checked the aerial and HDMI cables and contacts, swapped cables and tried an alternative TV, all without success.
    Has one channel gone down ?
    Is it terminal ?
    Can I get recordings off onto another device if needed ?
    Thanks for any help offered

| Wed 18 May 2022 14:11:04 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Zebede - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi. My box is recording and playing back through the TV OK.
    But, there are no TV guide, and no access to play live channels or option to add new recordings.
    Have checked the aerial and HDMI cables and contacts, swapped cables and tried an alternative TV, all without success.

It is an odd problem. Have you tried turning off the mains power to the Humax for 30 seconds? If that doesn't help then try a Factory reset to default settings which will amongst other things delete the schedule of future recordings but should leave recordings already made intact.

Can I get recordings off onto another device if needed ?

SD recordings yes, HD probably not.

| Wed 18 May 2022 15:44:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Could these symptoms be the result of losing the Internet connection? If so, then the mains power down/power up reset Martin mentions might fix it.

| Wed 18 May 2022 15:56:07 #3 |
  4. Zebede

Zebede

Thanks for all the advice. Have now fixed it with a network reboot and a 'factory reset' on the Humax box. I got suspicious when I notices a date on screen of 1st Jan 2017 !!!!
    After factory reset, I just had to reload my scheduled recordings, none of my previous recordings were lost, and hey presto, back in service.
    Thanks for all the help and advice.

| Wed 18 May 2022 19:10:49 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.