My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax 5000T Storage Device Not Found

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardR

I've been able to transfer recordings over my home network to my Win10 laptop, but not for a long while. There have been a couple of Windows updates since then, but it's unclear whether these have contributed. Several Humax devices appear under Network but none contain recordings.

| Mon 27 Dec 2021 22:54:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I think you may be looking in the wrong place.

If you select "This PC" when the FVP is on, then select "Unspecified" in the main panel on the right and it should be there.

Double click on the entry, select "My Contents" then "Recordings".

| Mon 27 Dec 2021 23:50:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardR

A1944 - 14 hours ago  » 
    I think you may be looking in the wrong place.
    If you select "This PC" when the FVP is on, then select "Unspecified" in the main panel on the right and it should be there.
    Double click on the entry, select "My Contents" then "Recordings".

Thanks for your reply. I don't see "Unspecified" anywhere. There are five Devices and Drives and six Network Locations, as well as the usual folders. The Network locations are all associated with my NAS drive.
    The Humax has just done a cold start. It takes a couple of presses on the remote to wake it up the first time, but now that it has woken up the device appears as the seventh Network Location. Double-clicking on it reveals My Contents, and then Internal HDD and Recordings folders. The device is named "FVP-5000T DMS" followed its IP address. What does DMS signify?
    Yesterday I could see variants of the device icon with a 'Play' symbol superimposed but none would reveal My Contents. The Humax was recording at the time so perhaps that's the difference?

Thanks for your help. Now I can get on with transferring SD files to the NAS.

Richard

| Tue 28 Dec 2021 14:12:57 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

RichardR - 3 hours ago  » 
    What does DMS signify?

Digital Media Server

| Tue 28 Dec 2021 17:31:37 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

RichardR - 9 hours ago  » 
    I don't see "Unspecified" anywhere.

Interestingly, earlier in the day, nor could I, but I can now and could last night when I replied. Not sure what happens. Anyway if you can now download that is good. In fact it prompted me to download one tonight.

| Tue 28 Dec 2021 23:26:11 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.