My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Humax 9200T recordings lost

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bignick58

Hi, newbie here but directed here by internet searches. My PVR seems to have lost all the stored recordings but still shows ~75% disc space used. From other searches it would seem this is not that uncommon but I couldn't actually find out much about it. The one thread I read was talking about linking up the PVR hard disc to a computer but it didn't seem like something I'd want to try. Is there a 'simple' way to recover lost recordings? It seems a little like formatting an SD card, you really only wipe the index - the data is still on the card?? Anyway, if there is an easy method to recover the recording I'd love to hear it thanks.
    ps - It has retained the scheduled recordings and records and plays back ok.

| Thu 31 Oct 2019 9:55:26 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Have you tried turning it off and on again? (Pulling the plug for a few minutes?) I know it sounds simple but it's surprising how many times that really does fix the problem. Hope you can get it sorted.

| Thu 31 Oct 2019 10:06:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bignick58 - 11 mins ago  » 
    My PVR seems to have lost all the stored recordings but still shows ~75% disc space used. From other searches it would seem this is not that uncommon but I couldn't actually find out much about it.

You are correct, this is a well known problem. The file system has become corrupted.

The one thread I read was talking about linking up the PVR hard disc to a computer but it didn't seem like something I'd want to try.

It of course depends on how important the recordings are to you.

Is there a 'simple' way to recover lost recordings?

Sorry but no.

It seems a little like formatting an SD card, you really only wipe the index - the data is still on the card??

Absolutely correct.

ps - It has retained the scheduled recordings and records and plays back ok.

You really don't want to be recording anything with the file system broken. It will reduce the chances of restoring the lost content.

Basically you have two options. Accept the content is lost and format the hard drive from the HDD Control menu item in the Record menu.

Or buy a SATA to USB adapter (NB if you go this route be careful to buy an adapter designed for use with a 3.5" drive, the cheaper ones designed for 2.5" drives won't work as they lack a 12V supply), open the Humax, remove the hard drive and connect it to a computer and use the free humaxrw utility (running in recovery mode) to get off the content. A useful thread is https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/restoring-recordings-and-list-to-humax-pvr-9200t

| Thu 31 Oct 2019 10:25:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Christina2018 - 19 mins ago  » 
    Have you tried turning it off and on again? (Pulling the plug for a few minutes?) I know it sounds simple but it's surprising how many times that really does fix the problem.

No sorry I know you are trying to be helpful but this is about a 9xxx series PVR which is a very different beast to your FVP; turning it off won't help. It actually makes things worse.

| Thu 31 Oct 2019 10:28:13 #4 |
  5. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Martin Liddle - 19 mins ago  » 
    Or buy a SATA to USB adapter (NB if you go this route be careful to buy an adapter designed for use with a 3.5" drive, the cheaper ones designed for 2.5" drives won't work as they lack a 12V supply), open the Humax, remove the hard drive and connect it to a computer and use the free humaxrw utility (running in recovery mode) to get off the content. A useful thread is https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/restoring-recordings-and-list-to-humax-pvr-9200t

Just to jump in here and say that if this is a 9200T then a SATA to USB connector will not work. You would need an IDE to USB connector though you can get adapters that do both, and you would need a power adapter included.

If it is a 9150T or 9300T then you can follow Martins suggestion though take note regarding the 3.5" drive which needs external power.

| Thu 31 Oct 2019 10:50:26 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

aldaweb - 32 mins ago  » 
    Just to jump in here and say that if this is a 9200T then a SATA to USB connector will not work. You would need an IDE to USB connector though you can get adapters that do both, and you would need a power adapter included.

Spot on; I forgot the user hadn't told us which box they had in the text but had in the topic title. Definitely needs an IDE to USB adapter and a separate power supply.

| Thu 31 Oct 2019 11:23:15 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Martin Liddle - 2 hours ago  » 

Christina2018 - 19 mins ago  » 
    Have you tried turning it off and on again? (Pulling the plug for a few minutes?) I know it sounds simple but it's surprising how many times that really does fix the problem.

No sorry I know you are trying to be helpful but this is about a 9xxx series PVR which is a very different beast to your FVP; turning it off won't help. It actually makes things worse.

Oh OK, really sorry. I used to have a 9300t and when that had problems, completely different problems to what the OP is experiencing, the old unplug trick used to do the trick. As I say though my problems were different, things like not recording with sound, freezing etc.

| Thu 31 Oct 2019 12:42:01 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.