My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Humax 9300T Reserved Recordings, not RECORDING!

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jumpin_ernie

Reserved Recordings, not RECORDING![b] I recently been having problems, I think after the recent update in July11. The problem I'm having is that reserved recording (mostly series linked) are showing in my Recording Schedule but sometimes don't record when they start. For example, Emmerdale due to record at 7pm can be completely missed, but get this, it's ok if I'm watching the channel. It will also start recording mid-programme if I switch to the channel mid-programme. This is also a bit hit and miss, the other night I went to record Emmerdale and Coro (as both didn't record earlier) on the same channel (ITV2), one recorded, but the other didn't (even though they were on one after another!).
    HELP??? Any advice? Anybody having the same problems?

| Mon 29 Aug 2011 20:27:11 #1 |
  2. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

Have you tried a factory reset after the upgrade?

| Mon 29 Aug 2011 20:31:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jumpin_ernie

Hi, yes I went into the installation menu and selected the default settings option (if this is what you mean by factory reset?) I don't know if it's also got anything to do with the DSO as that happened in my area August 11.

| Mon 29 Aug 2011 20:36:11 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jumpin_ernie - 25 minutes ago  » 
    Hi, yes I went into the installation menu and selected the default settings option (if this is what you mean by factory reset?) I don't know if it's also got anything to do with the DSO as that happened in my area August 11.

Have you now got channels in the epg with channel numbers higher than 802 ?

| Mon 29 Aug 2011 21:03:02 #4 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

jumpin_ernie - 1 hour ago  » 
    Reserved Recordings, not RECORDING! I recently been having problems, I think after the recent update in July11.

Your problems stem from an Automatic Search for channels receiving signals from more than one transmitter, not the software update. If you've got lots of duplicate channels starting at channel number 800, radio and TV, then see this thread and follow my Manual Search instructions.

| Mon 29 Aug 2011 22:13:16 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jumpin_ernie

Thanks for the responses. Yes I do have some duplicated channels in the 800's but I've deleted these after the Automatic update. I have tried a manual update but got a worse response (missing recording) than when I run the automatic update. I will have to try it again using the thread. Anymore ideas keep them coming. Are HUMAX customer services any good!!??

| Tue 30 Aug 2011 13:15:14 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You can't run the auto update because it will simply add the channels you don't want back into the epg. The manual procedure linked to above will only tune the channels you need from your local transmitter.

After a reset you need to select manual tuning and not allow the channel autoscan to run.

| Tue 30 Aug 2011 13:18:49 #7 |
  8. Biggles

Biggles

special member

jumpin_ernie - 59 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the responses. Yes I do have some duplicated channels in the 800's but I've deleted these after the Automatic update. I have tried a manual update but got a worse response (missing recording) than when I run the automatic update. I will have to try it again using the thread. Anymore ideas keep them coming. Are HUMAX customer services any good!!??

Unless you are very lucky it is not good enough to simply delete the channels in the 800 range, you have to prevent them being received in the first place. If you follow my instructions to the letter then I think you will find your problems are gone and you won't need any other ideas.

| Tue 30 Aug 2011 14:18:21 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Acorn

I am having the same problem from the Rowridge transmitter. I have not had any 800 channels in the EPG lately. I have done the Biggles procedure this morning. I was about to throw the 9300 in the bin; so, thanks Biggles, let's hope you have saved me a few quid. All the best.

| Sat 10 Sep 2011 10:30:11 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.