My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura 2TB

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

16brar

Hello,
    I have a few questions.
    1. I own a Humax Aura 2tb. When the hard drive is full, is it possible to connect it to my PC and download the files from Humax to my internal PC hard drive? So I can view them on my PC.
    2. I owned a Bush Freeview recorder B1TBHDPVR, and removed the 1tb hard drive. I have tried connecting the hard drive to my PC to download it's contents, but it does not work. My PC recognizes the hard drive, but will not give me access to it's contents. It just asks me if I want to format the drive. Is there a procedure I can use to transfer the files from the hard drive to my PC, so I can watch them? Thank you.

| Tue 25 Jul 2023 1:43:01 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

16brar - 7 hours ago  » 

2. I owned a Bush Freeview recorder B1TBHDPVR, and removed the 1tb hard drive. I have tried connecting the hard drive to my PC to download it's contents, but it does not work. My PC recognizes the hard drive, but will not give me access to it's contents. It just asks me if I want to format the drive. Is there a procedure I can use to transfer the files from the hard drive to my PC, so I can watch them? Thank you.

The Bush branded B1TBHDPVR is a Vestel T7650. It uses a linux disk format. To see the contents it is easiest to boot up a linux distro. If your "PC" is Windows then you can use a "Live" CD/usb drive to do this. Details are readily available on the internet.

Discussions on the B1TBHDPVR can be found at
    https://forums.digitalspy.com/categories/digihome

| Tue 25 Jul 2023 9:37:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

16brar - 8 hours ago  » 
    1. I own a Humax Aura 2tb. When the hard drive is full, is it possible to connect it to my PC and download the files from Humax to my internal PC hard drive? So I can view them on my PC.

You can download files to a PC in various ways. For me the easiest way is to use FTP. SD recordings are not encrypted so will play without problem. HD recordings are encrypted so need to be converted to a lower resolution to be playable on another device; this can be done by the Aura. The parameters I use for FTP are:

Host: IP address of the Aura
    Port: 2323
    Encryption : None ie plain FTP
    User: aura
    Password: usually 0000

Please ask if you need more help.

| Tue 25 Jul 2023 10:35:32 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

16brar

Thank you for your help.

| Wed 26 Jul 2023 1:55:52 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic