My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura since having it for 20 days

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lilreece

So I've had the Humax Aura 1TB box now for around 20 days and i can honestly say I am so ready to throw it out of my window.

First initial thought when i first started up the box I thought it was the next best thing a great move away from paid sky q subscription services.

So far it's been issue after issue with the box

Apple tv now no longer works due to some random Internet error (definitely not having ISP issues).

Amazon prime doesn't work on certain films/programs due to HDMI issues (have a brand new high speed cable).

Also getting random black screen with no picture but i get sound. (guess ill use my imagination then)
    and now after doing loads of searching and even emailing Humax them selves doesn't look like there will be any more updates for this box which is all it needs so I guess the last update there will be is the 17th June 2021, (Briliant).

On a positive note.
    Disney is working okay with no known issues so far but can't say anything about the rest of the apps.

Should these apps work absolutely fine or is it the box?

Is anyone else having these kind of issues?

| Mon 10 Apr 2023 15:27:48 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Lilreece - 7 hours ago  » 
    Apple tv now no longer works due to some random Internet error (definitely not having ISP issues).

Apple TV has always had reports of problems on the Aura.

Amazon prime doesn't work on certain films/programs due to HDMI issues (have a brand new high speed cable).

Can you give an example of something that doesn't work please?

Also getting random black screen with no picture but i get sound. (guess ill use my imagination then)

Well known problem; sometimes simply changing channel and then back again restores video, other times it is necessary to put the box into standby and wait for the hard drive to stop spinning and then start it up again. More rarely only putting the box into standby and then turning off electrical power for 10 seconds will restore things.

Should these apps work absolutely fine or is it the box?

My guess is that at least some of the problems with apps are due to the rather ancient version of Android TV that the Humax is using.

Is anyone else having these kind of issues?

Most of the issues you describe have been reported here on several occasions.

| Mon 10 Apr 2023 23:38:20 #2 |
  3. chistery

chistery

The product should be marked as end of life and end of support. Waiting to see what Manhattan come up with when their new box is released in a few months time.

| Thu 13 Apr 2023 7:58:38 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lilreece

Yes I've been looking up on this new box. Sending the humax Aura back to amazon for a full refund tomorrow definitely not worth £250. Fingers crossed the manhattan provides.

| Thu 13 Apr 2023 21:02:58 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Lilreece - 14 hours ago  » 
    Yes I've been looking up on this new box. Sending the humax Aura back to amazon for a full refund tomorrow definitely not worth £250. Fingers crossed the manhattan provides.

I think it is perfectly sensible to send the Aura back if it doesn't meet your needs. If you do get a Manhattan T-4R then it would be very interesting if you came back here and tell us how it compares. I see it is saying it will be released in July on the Manhattan web site. Be warned that early versions of most PVRs do have software bugs but Manhattan did work hard to improve the software on the T3-R after launch.

| Fri 14 Apr 2023 11:31:41 #5 |
  6. davidrew

davidrew

special member

I'll be interested to see what the T4-R has to offer. I seriously considered a T3-R before I bought the Aura to replace a 5000T.

The dealbreaker at the time for me was no triple tuner, no 2TB option, and no DLNA support. I also stream video files from a NAS on the Aura so would be looking for similar functionality.

In the light of some potentially increased competition hopefully Humax will finally wakeup from their 20 month Aura update slumber and sort out the now ancient Android OS, and fix the well documented outstanding bugs. The other possibility is the Aura MK.2 is waiting in the wings .....

| Fri 14 Apr 2023 14:01:32 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

davidrew - 52 mins ago  » 
    The other possibility is the Aura MK.2 is waiting in the wings .....

A further possibility is Humax dropping out of the PVR marketplace. Looking at their corporate web site they provide corporate mobility services, in-car infotainment and IoT solutions. No mention of PVRs.

| Fri 14 Apr 2023 14:58:03 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Grazunlce

Seems were in a put up with it situation...

You cannot get a Manhattan T3 from Argos to replace the 5000T (and it only has two tuners) and whilst Aura is available it has its own issues. At least the 5000T does record.

I'm not exactly happy with Humax support - repeating the same advice over 8 days of emailing - mostly of resetting to factory default. I had better information from you guys.

Ive gone from why should I have to turn the box of and back on to get the guide populated to.. it is not so bad

If I could sort the networking problem out I'd be satisfied. I have installed samba but network just sees this FVP-5000T DIAL SERVER

| Sun 4 Jun 2023 9:37:17 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Grazunlce - 6 mins ago  » 
    If I could sort the networking problem out I'd be satisfied. I have installed samba but network just sees this FVP-5000T DIAL SERVER

What are you hoping to do with Samba?

| Sun 4 Jun 2023 9:44:33 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

davidrew - 1 mnth ago  » 
    I'll be interested to see what the T4-R has to offer. I seriously considered a T3-R before I bought the Aura to replace a 5000T.
    The dealbreaker at the time for me was no triple tuner, no 2TB option, and no DLNA support. I also stream video files from a NAS on the Aura so would be looking for similar functionality.
    In the light of some potentially increased competition hopefully Humax will finally wakeup from their 20 month Aura update slumber and sort out the now ancient Android OS, and fix the well documented outstanding bugs. The other possibility is the Aura MK.2 is waiting in the wings .....

BiB and who is going to risk a purchase after the lack of support the Aura has had? I've had my Aura nearly 2.5 years and none of the issues I've told Humax about have been addressed and now they don't even bother answering emails.

| Tue 6 Jun 2023 18:59:21 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.