My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HUMAX box lost recorded progs.

(6 posts)
  1. oscar92

oscar92

Our HUMAX box seems to have misplaced our recorded progs except that it's still showing PLANNED & our disk %. Any ideas please? Have checked all the connections, turned it off & then back on but no effect. Please help. Cheers

| Mon 25 Aug 2014 16:25:34 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

What unit do you have?
    If you leave it for a few minutes after powering up do you see the recordings then.

| Mon 25 Aug 2014 17:05:42 #2 |
  3. oscar92

oscar92

Thanks for the reply.
    The box is a HUMAX FREESAT+. I've gone through all the actions that I have previously used but no success though. The box still records & displays it as normal. Today it's lost the settings that allow us to search for a new software version or reset the box to factory settings. This box is less than a year old in this house. I'm inclined to take all the leads out & treat it as a new item checking all the connections etc. We live in the Peak District & our TV signals can be disrupted by wind, rain & other bad weather conditions. Fortunately all the other functions are working fine. Best wishes. Rob

| Tue 26 Aug 2014 10:26:03 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Hello Rob,
    Certain settings such as those you mention are not available when the unit is recording or about to - they will return when it is finished.

These are several models that match your "HUMAX FREESAT+.".
    My guess is that it is either the Foxsat-HDR or the HDR-1000S a later model with freetime.

If you think there are still non listed recordings and the disk space is inconsistent with what it does show (allowing some space for system use) then I would suggest reformatting the disk which will, of course, loose your current recordings.

| Tue 26 Aug 2014 11:33:09 #4 |
  5. oscar92

oscar92

It's an HDR-10005 box. The idea of reformatting the disk is good but unfortunately reformatting is 1 of the apps that our box has managed to hide so we can't even get to that option. Anyway, I'll continue to break down the unit as though we've just bought it. I'll keep you posted.

Best wishes,
    Rob

| Tue 26 Aug 2014 12:03:34 #5 |
  6. oscar92

oscar92

All fixed now & back to normal. The disconnecting of all leads, SCART's, then I reset our broadband hub. The HUMAX box was switched off & then back on. System back now, all recordings show & the software / restore options are back. I think the weather conditions affecting the system is pretty coincidental but this is the 2nd time this has happened & I did the same thing to fix it. Many thanks for all your input & thanks very much.

Kind regards,
    Rob

| Tue 26 Aug 2014 15:01:31 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.