My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Humax DTRT2100 (BT Youview+) Lockups

(59 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I appreciate you have the 2100, but would have thought the procedure was the same as a 2110.
    I think you're right. So far I haven't seen any differences mentioned.

The BT-badged G4 boxes that BT distributes to its customers always seem to be 2110, while the retail BT-badged G4 boxes always seem to be 2100, just on the basis of random observation.

| Sun 3 Aug 2014 18:55:51 #51 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

JamesB - 3 minutes ago  » 

I appreciate you have the 2100, but would have thought the procedure was the same as a 2110.
    The BT-badged G4 boxes that BT distributes to its customers always seem to be 2110, while the retail BT-badged G4 boxes always seem to be 2100, just on the basis of random observation.

The 2110 I had access to earlier was a retail purchase, so may be other way round James, in fact the OP's is a 2100 so probably is.

| Sun 3 Aug 2014 19:02:55 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Le_Blur

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 
    Remember to keep the down arrow pressed until you see the message enter 'enter maintence mode Y/N'
    T2110 I used to try and find maintenance mode is 500GB (not mine a relatives)
    All I can say re tuner message is it is definitely generated by TV, never seen it on all other TV's I have.

I have kept the down button pressed right until the TV programme comes on. From a cold start like this it seems a long time and as if my finger is about to drop off. I've not timed it but I think the book quotes around two minutes!

I see what you mean now with the 'Tuner 1' message. Do you think this can be changed, as it certainly fooled me up to now?

| Sun 3 Aug 2014 19:09:46 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Le_Blur

I have just raised a post on the BT Community Forum:

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-box/Intermittent-Blank-Screen-on-Sony-Bravia-TV-when-bringing-T2...

See how this goes.

| Sun 3 Aug 2014 19:11:12 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Barry - 5 minutes ago  » 

JamesB - 3 minutes ago  » 

The 2110 I had access to earlier was a retail purchase, so may be other way round James, in fact the OP's is a 2100 so probably is.

I was assuming that the OP's box was retail, but if the 2110 you used was retail, my theory's probably dead in the water.

| Sun 3 Aug 2014 19:12:30 #55 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Le_Blur

Hurrah! I have now managed to get into Maintenance Mode.

I may not have been leaving the T2100 switched off for long enough. I gave it a good 20 seconds this time.

I also hadn't realised that it was just a small message at the bottom of the screen where the big BT Logo first appears so I may have missed it. Doh!

I have now done a Internet / USB Recovery (save recodings) to see if this helps with the HDMI problems.

| Sun 3 Aug 2014 19:57:16 #56 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Le_Blur

Since the Internet/USB Recovery I have still experienced a blank screen when coming out of Standby on the T2100.
    This time I switched from HDMI 1 to HDMI 4, where the Panasonic DMR-EX75 is now.
    Picture and Audio were both ok on HDMI 4.
    When I switched back to HDMI 1 this was now also ok.

| Sun 3 Aug 2014 22:22:15 #57 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Le_Blur

By request:
    DTR-T2100 Maintenance Menu - For Dummies ( i.e. me! )

Maintenance Menu on BT DTR-T2100 Youview+ box.

1. Turn off the DTR-T2100 using the switch at the back of box. Leave off for 30 seconds.

2. Manually switch the TV to the associated HDMI or AV (Scart) port.

3. Hold down the down arrow button (the button between the OK, Power and Record buttons on the Control Panel on the top of the box) whilst powering on the DTR-T2100 using the switch at the back of the box.

4. Keep holding down the down arrow button as the “BT Logo – Waking Up” screen appears.

5. After a few seconds the "Enter Maintenance Mode Y/N (Y: POWER)" message appears towards the bottom of the screen. Immediately release the down arrow button.

6. Press the Power button once on the Control Panel on the top of the box. (A small amount of patience is now required) The "Enter Maintenance Mode Y/N (Y: POWER)" disappears from the BT Logo – Waking Up screen. After several seconds the screen goes blank. After several more seconds the Maintenance Mode menu finally appears.

7. Select the Recovery option required using the Up and Down arrow buttons on the Control Panel on the top of the box and use the Right arrow button to confirm the option.

| Mon 4 Aug 2014 9:54:12 #58 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I'll replace our FAQ on maintenance mode with that explanation later.

| Mon 4 Aug 2014 11:20:07 #59 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.