My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax email support experience?

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

FalcoD

Does anyone have experiences?
    I have tried contacting them for guidance, but no response after 48hrs.

My new box has pass-through problems - TV tuner only gets BBC1 & 2 and nothing else (with box on or off). And the box itself only gets the same.

And I have stuttering on BBC, so have disconnected the box and hoping for a fix before I return it for a refund (I'd rather it 'just worked').

ALSO After initially being fine on wired network, it will now only connect to wifi.

| Wed 25 Nov 2015 23:19:00 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Better to call them if no response to email.

What signal strength/quality is shown when tuned to a channel that does work?

Home
    Settings
    Channel Settings

| Wed 25 Nov 2015 23:58:28 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

FalcoD

Work hours make calling support a challenge!
    Signal is 91% / 100%.

| Thu 26 Nov 2015 21:57:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

FalcoD - 52 minutes ago  » Signal is 91% / 100%.

I have had that on a Humax freeview recorder. With a signal that strong the TV received usually the pass through even though the power saving option was set to on.

Check your setting for the FVP-4000T power saving. If it is 'on' then change it to 'off'?

| Thu 26 Nov 2015 22:53:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

FalcoD

My power saving is set to 'off', and pass through fails even when the FVP is switched on? In fact the FVP-4000 itself only gets BBC 1 & 2. But if I re-connect my old Sony PVR, all channels are fine?

| Thu 26 Nov 2015 23:05:53 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

If you are only receiving BBC 1 and 2 then something is seriously wrong, if you mean SD channels then...

You should also receive BBC News/Parliament and the time share CBBC/Cbeebies/BBC3 and BBC4 along with quite a few radio channels.

Do you know which transmitter you receive signals from?

| Thu 26 Nov 2015 23:51:19 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

FalcoD

Humax support have now replied, took them 4 days.
    Their advice was to reset to factory, starting the installation again.
    I have done this. And now asked them for further advice as the retuned box now receives no live tv images at all, only sound. The channel scan found 62 channels, not itv or ch4.
    Pass-through (using TV as source) play BBC 1 & 2 fine, other channels pixelate and stutter.
    Connected to wifi fine, and can watch catch-up.
    So have reconnected ariel to old pvr again as this is the only way to watch live tv.

I'm afraid I have no idea which transmitter we get.

| Mon 30 Nov 2015 21:09:06 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

FalcoD

Update:
    Humax email support asked my postcode and then provided a list of channels to setup, using manual tuning.
    The process worked. but offered no improvement, I can still only view bbc channels using the box or the tv as source.
    Attempting to manually setup HD channels found none at all.

| Wed 2 Dec 2015 23:14:57 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tuctuc

A daft question but you say "pass through (using TV as source) ", how exactly is your aerial routed?

| Fri 4 Dec 2015 19:53:28 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

FalcoD - 1 week ago  » 
    My power saving is set to 'off', and pass through fails even when the FVP is switched on? In fact the FVP-4000 itself only gets BBC 1 & 2. But if I re-connect my old Sony PVR, all channels are fine?

You may have a much too strong signal from your aerial. Try fitting a variable attenuator to the FVP-4000T RF input.

Knowing where you live would help in checking what sort of signal strength you may have. Post the postcode of a public building close to where you are located.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VARIABLE-ATTENUATOR-TV-AERIAL-SIGNAL-REDUCER-20dB-3-5-6-8-9-10-12-15-18-FREEVIEW-/370552240392?hash=item5646a27908:g:UqoAAOSweWVTX5Xm

| Fri 4 Dec 2015 19:59:00 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.