My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax email support experience?

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

FalcoD

I live near HP9 1SJ. My aerial is routed through a powered 8 way splitter amplifier and to the FVP, then to the TV.

My signal is shown as 100% by the FVP, but this has not been an issue for any of the other 4 freeview receivers in the house.

I've ordered an 'unpowered' splitter and also an in-line attenuator. And will update when I have results.

As for Humax support, after it took them 4 days to respond to my first email question, they now seem to respond within 48 hours.

| Sun 6 Dec 2015 20:33:50 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If your signal is shown as 100% it's a good indication you have too much amplification in your system. Your postcode shows that for some mux you have less than perfect reception. Because other kit works OK could simply mean they have less sensitive tuners so aren't as susceptible to overloading. I don't think you have enough signal for a 8 way unpowered split. Hopefully attenuating the Humax input will fix.

Interesting to know if it's the weaker muxes that show 100%. Over amplifying often reduces the indicated signal strength due to signal clipping.

Attachments

1. Reception.jpg (179.6 KB, 3 downloads) 8 years old
    | Sun 6 Dec 2015 21:10:28 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

FalcoD

Fitted a £2 24db attenuator tonight and did a factory reset.
    All problems solved:
    I now receive all channels and pass-through works with FVP on or off.
    HD is working.
    Most surprising is that LAN is also working, with un-attenuated signal I cold only get wifi.

So thanks to folks on this forum, my problems are all sorted.

| Thu 10 Dec 2015 22:37:42 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.