My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Humax Foxsat and Roku

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

kylerickards

Hi

I think may be easy one to answer!

I have my Freesat Recorder setup with Twonky and can access stuff via my PC. I have just put a Roku Box into my system but I am not sure how I can browse my recordings (SD) over my wireless network, I have the version 4 of Twonky installed on the Humax, and my Roku is in a different room. I can get the Roku media player to browse files but seem unable to play them.

Thanks and apologies if I have been unclear in what I am asking.

Kyle

| Sun 22 Dec 2013 18:31:33 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you copy a short SD recording from the Foxsat-hdr to a usb stick, will the ROKU play back the .ts file directly from the usb stick ? I am guessing the ROKU has a usb port.

If it won't then there is a compatibility issue with the transport stream file format used by the Foxsat. Similar problems exist with Sony Smart TV's and Foxsat-hdr .ts files.

There might be a workaround but it will involve exporting the recordings, re-muxing using software like TSmuxerGUI. Re-building the support files using AV2HDR and uploading the modified files back to the Foxsat (not ideal).

I would be interested to know if a WD TV Live box can play back content direct from a Foxsat-hdr.

| Sun 22 Dec 2013 19:17:56 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

kylerickards

Hi Graham

Thanks for replying. The roku doesn't have a USB port but I think you're right about the .ts nature of the files. I suspect that's why they won't play on my Roku, although interestingly I can stream to iPad or phone using buzz media (I think!)

I shall keep pondering, can't be bothered remuxing all the files...

I also just remembered I can stream ts files to my PS3.... Hmmm....

Kyle

| Sun 22 Dec 2013 19:49:01 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kylerickards - 59 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham
    Thanks for replying. The roku doesn't have a USB port but I think you're right about the .ts nature of the files. I suspect that's why they won't play on my Roku, although interestingly I can stream to iPad or phone using buzz media (I think!)
    I shall keep pondering, can't be bothered remuxing all the files...
    I also just remembered I can stream ts files to my PS3.... Hmmm....
    Kyle

They stream OK to my Nexus 7 as well and also as you might expect to a HDR FOX T2 and a HDR1000S (There are issues with the latter with HD as it chooses the AD track for Audio). No joy with grandsons Sony Smart TV though. He has a PS3, I haven't tried using that.

| Sun 22 Dec 2013 20:53:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

kylerickards

Thinking on, I have definitely streamed to PS3 but didn't really do much with it as the two boxes live next to each other!

| Sun 22 Dec 2013 21:02:02 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.