My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Humax Foxsat HDR

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jumbo

I have an old Foxsat HDR which has worked well up to now but I started to lose some channels (ITV SD, Channel 4 SD etc). I replaced the LNB and the cables but no joy.

I then tried to retune using Freesat tune and firstly it said it couldn’t find any signal and it also refused to accept the Postcode we have used for years. When I came out of the Freesat tune page it now shows no channels available at all.
    I then tried Manual tune and it found a lot of channels but I realised I was now in STB mode. The channels in STB mode work fine but there are no HD channels and the EPG is useless. When I try and change back to Freesat mode again it still says no channels are available. How is it that I can receive STB channels but not Freesat channels – the dish must be picking up the satellite signal OK?

Would the problem be the LNB (skew perhaps?) or do I need to get the satellite dish repositioned correctly? Before I do that or go and buy a new Freesat box does anyone have any ideas?

| Tue 27 Oct 2020 15:52:19 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

To setup a Freesat box you need access to the freesat home transponder. Without this you cannot validate a post code.

Do you know how to scroll down the transponder list to find a specific transponder using manual tune to check the reception ?

| Tue 27 Oct 2020 17:09:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jumbo

No. Could you please give me some detail.
    Thanks

| Tue 27 Oct 2020 18:10:49 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jumbo - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks

I will reply tomorrow.

| Tue 27 Oct 2020 20:43:32 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jumbo - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks

You need to get a screen like this

Attachments

1. Freesat-Home-1.jpg (106 KB, 2 downloads) 3 years old
    | Tue 27 Oct 2020 20:48:58 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jumbo

I know how to get to that screen but not sure how to proceed from there. Thank you for your help and await your further advice.

| Wed 28 Oct 2020 6:58:42 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jumbo

Looking again at your screenshot. I know how to get to the manual tune screen but not how to get the transponder numbers as show in your photo.

| Wed 28 Oct 2020 7:01:01 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Change to non freesat mode.

Press menu - Select setup then manual tune and press right Select Transponder Press right and click OK twice. You should see a list of the transponders. Scroll down to find the transponder shown above. Not the frequency might be slightly (it's down to rounding the number in the box)

When highlighted in yellow press OK.

What does the Strength and quality show. Mine is 100% on both.

Lastly are you in the UK. If not where are you roughly ?

| Wed 28 Oct 2020 10:06:50 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jumbo

I've found the list of transponders but 11426H is not listed. I have 11426V and 11428H but neither show a signal.
    I am in France about two-thirds down and some years back we changed to a larger dish when the footprint changed. It worked perfectly for some time.

| Wed 28 Oct 2020 10:57:11 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jumbo - 56 mins ago  » 
    I've found the list of transponders but 11426H is not listed. I have 11426V and 11428H but neither show a signal.
    I am in France about two-thirds down and some years back we changed to a larger dish when the footprint changed. It worked perfectly for some time.

11428 H is the correct one. The new satellites don't have the exact frequency but that's close enough for the tuners to lock on to it.

11426 V has the following channels and should be available.

120 S4C HD 11426 V
    143 Sony Crime 2 11426 V
    167 QUEST HD 11426 V
    205 FRANCE 24(ENG) 11426 V
    252 FreeSports HD 11426 V

Check the lnb skew.

Guessing you are going to need a man with a proper tuning meter. Have you access to a generic FTA satellite receiver. I have seen these in French Hypermarkets.

Member repassac lives in your neck of the woods and has confirmed that the recent swap between 103 and 111 on Freesat has worked OK.

103 is now ITV-HD.

There is another thread from a member who has similar issues.

| Wed 28 Oct 2020 12:01:34 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.