My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Humax Foxsat HDR

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jumbo

Thanks Graham.
    What I don't understand is why it was partially working before I did a retune? I will check the skew when it stops raining and I can get on the roof. Then I will get an engineer in - the French guys normally line up the dish for French channels so I need to tell him which satellite is Freesat. Is it still Astra 28.2E from memory?

| Wed 28 Oct 2020 13:14:14 #11 |
  2. paulburke

Paul

Where are you in France, I have a friend who is an ex-$ky dish installer and he can travel a reasonable distance?

| Wed 28 Oct 2020 13:43:00 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jumbo - 37 mins ago  » 
    Thanks Graham.
    What I don't understand is why it was partially working before I did a retune? I will check the skew when it stops raining and I can get on the roof. Then I will get an engineer in - the French guys normally line up the dish for French channels so I need to tell him which satellite is Freesat. Is it still Astra 28.2E from memory?

It's 3 satellites all nominally at 28.2E. You need to align on a UK spot transponder. Check a mid low band Horizontal and mid low band vertical to make sure skew is correct. And of course the Home transponder.

https://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

eg

BBC Two HD 10847 V DVB-S2

Channel 5 HD 10964 H DVB-S2

| Wed 28 Oct 2020 14:00:51 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jumbo

Graham, thank you once again for your help.

Paul, we live in the Lot department postcode 46190. My guess is it won't be in your friends area as we don't have many Brits locally, but you can ask him. Thanks.

| Wed 28 Oct 2020 15:09:20 #14 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

What size is your dish?
    I am in 32460 S.E. of you with a 100cm dish I would expect that 80cm would be a bit marginal for you on the UK spot beams especially in heavy rain.

As graham says you need someone with a professional meter to line the dish up on a UK spot beam.

| Wed 28 Oct 2020 15:49:41 #15 |
  6. paulburke

Paul

Jumbo - 2 hours ago  » 
    Paul, we live in the Lot department postcode 46190. My guess is it won't be in your friends area as we don't have many Brits locally, but you can ask him. Thanks.

About 2 hours from us.
    You can email him and ask - Admin edit: email address removed, use PM to send if required.
    Hopefully you can guess the colour, big French telecom company!!!!

| Wed 28 Oct 2020 17:49:20 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

paulburke - 2 hours ago  » 

Jumbo - 2 hours ago  » 

About 2 hours from us.
    You can email him and ask - Admin edit: email address removed, use PM to send if required.
    Hopefully you can guess the colour, big French telecom company!!!!

Lemon

Hopefully the OP gets this sorted. We have two posts that seem to indicate that for some reason installs in Iberia or southern France are having issues.

There is another thread that may just offer a clue. The clock change this year is unusually early.

I would wait for next sunday morning and try a freesat re-tune again.

One with ITV-HD, the other with the home transponder. ITV-HD is the hard one to get due to the FEC settings.

| Wed 28 Oct 2020 20:37:30 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jumbo

Just read the post that says the home transponder has changed? What is the new frequency?
    We have a 90cm dish and it has always worked. Friends with the same size dish have no problems and their box has changed the ITV HD setting automatically.

| Thu 29 Oct 2020 9:18:47 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jumbo - 2 hours ago  » 
    Just read the post that says the home transponder has changed? What is the new frequency?
    We have a 90cm dish and it has always worked. Friends with the same size dish have no problems and their box has changed the ITV HD setting automatically.

The frequency stored in the box has not changed. It has moved to one of the new fleet of SES Astra satellites. Formerly it was on a Eurobird satellite and transmitted on a Europe wide beam transponder so receivable across most of Europe ( now scrapped) . The home transponder is now on a much more tightly focussed beam on the UK. So here it's stronger than before. Outside the primary footprint it's weaker.

This happened way back around 2016 (If I remember correctly_ .

The new satellites do not have the transponder frequency stored in the box. But the nearest one still works especially in the UK. It's close enough for the box to lock on the nearest frequency. This may need a larger dish but this is not a new change. The recent changes to ITV seems to have produced an issue for some but again it's not recent so it should still work. However the forward error correction used creates a less robust signal so tiny errors in alignment may well knock out ITV-HD and STV-HD. The other HD channels do not use FEC 3/4

| Thu 29 Oct 2020 11:40:40 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jumbo

Thanks for the explanation Graham.

| Thu 29 Oct 2020 16:22:25 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.