My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax Freesat boxes no longer supported

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

I have noticed an increasing number of issues that users are reporting and, in my case I have noticed: -

a) The Netflix app is misbehaving more often than it used to.
    b) The 'Series link' pop-up is no longer appearing when I set a future CH4 TV program to record. I know that the program is part of a series but it seems that Humax is not 'seeing' that it is a series. Example: Formula1 racing. The Humax only sets the selected program to record. It may happen with other programs as well but I have not checked these since I only record a few channels and these are becoming less due the growth of streaming.

I have tried switching off at wall socket and then back on again after 5 minutes but still no change.

Another thread on this forum mentions an issue with ITV Hub that Humax will not fix.

I have loved the ability of this box to be able to Record, Pause, Stop, Fast-Forward and rewind but streaming seems to be superseding watching live TV and recording.

I know that Humax no longer support this box since Freesat dumped Humax so has anyone else noticed the steady decline in Freesat Humax box usefulness? At this rate the box will not be worth keeping beyond 2022.

| Sun 17 Jul 2022 14:32:50 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

Regarding issue b) it seems to be CH4 only. The series link pop-up happens on other channels. Any ideas as to the cause?

| Mon 18 Jul 2022 7:14:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Justintime - 2 hours ago  » 
    Regarding issue b) it seems to be CH4 only. The series link pop-up happens on other channels. Any ideas as to the cause?

Perhaps another Freesat user could tell us whether or not they see the same problem. Is it SD or HD that you are recording?

| Mon 18 Jul 2022 9:54:26 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

Thanks for replying - The problem was happening on both SD (channel 104) and HD (channel 126). I have switched off at wall again and then back on after 5 minutes and this seems to have fixed it. Why it didn't fix it the first time I did this I don't know but it's okay again now. Seems to be only CH4 and CH4 HD that was affected though.

This reminds me of another CH4 incident about two weeks ago when CH4 SD was set to record Formula 1 Grand Prix but actually recorded something else instead. Is Channel 4 on its way out?

| Mon 18 Jul 2022 11:19:33 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.