My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax Freesat hdr 1010s

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pavarotti

I have seen this on the Humax direct site and it looks Ok especially as the price is cheaper than some I have seen.

What I'd like to know is whether its a good unit, how this freetime works etc in other words some reviews thank AG

| Sat 31 May 2014 11:14:30 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You will find quite a lot of reviews around for the HDR-1000S which is basically the same but without WiFi.
    Like my HDR-1000S - nice unit, easy to use, reliable (subject to the odd broadcaster slip up).

| Sat 31 May 2014 11:32:48 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Sorry - forgot to welcome you to the forum.
    Welcome.

| Sat 31 May 2014 16:27:19 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

As REPASSAC has stated lots of user reviews of the HDR 1000S on Humax Direct, also check out Humax Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUAz7BAhqipiPKUnresCUKA

| Sun 1 Jun 2014 0:20:58 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hoops

If it helps, I recently made the jump from Sky+ to the 1010s and am very impressed.

| Sun 1 Jun 2014 10:17:55 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

catinaz

I have seen this on the Humax direct site and it looks Ok especially as the price is cheaper than some I have seen.

Beware, though, some people (on this forum) reported faulty units bought from Humax direct (can't remember where). They have to send it back for replacement. If price difference only 10 or so quid, consider buying from your nearest retailer, in case you need to replace the unit. It would be faster and more convenient than posting back and forth.
    Just my thought.
    P.S. I got HB1000 with 40gb HDD attached, more than enough for what my children use (pausing cbebes when I want them to do something else). Happy with it so far (since last Christmas).

| Sun 1 Jun 2014 23:05:22 #6 |
  7. Davy

Davy

special member

I have had the white 1010s since it first came out. Only thing I don't like or use is the remote control because of the clicking noise it makes. I use the other Humax remote control that works the TV as well instead.
    It works brilliant in my opinion and I use the internal hard drive for the TV recordings etc and have a 1tb HD plugged in the back USB for films I have downloaded and a 1tb HD in the front USB for series recordings I make as well.
    Plays virtually everything I throw at it so no worries there.
    Plays music and photo files on it as well.

| Mon 2 Jun 2014 23:15:14 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Davy - 6 days ago  » 
    I have had the white 1010s since it first came out. Only thing I don't like or use is the remote control because of the clicking noise it makes. I use the other Humax remote control that works the TV as well instead.
    It works brilliant in my opinion and I use the internal hard drive for the TV recordings etc and have a 1tb HD plugged in the back USB for films I have downloaded and a 1tb HD in the front USB for series recordings I make as well.
    Plays virtually everything I throw at it so no worries there.
    Plays music and photo files on it as well.

That's a heck of a lot of telly you're recording there? I've never managed to get my 1TB 1000s past 25% yet as I like to watch then wipe.

| Mon 9 Jun 2014 23:03:25 #8 |
  9. Davy

Davy

special member

Hard drive on main unit is at 76% and one of the others is about half full. Recording a box set takes a lot of space so that's why mine is so large as I have a load of them. Like to start at beginning and watch all way through at times...

| Tue 10 Jun 2014 11:41:43 #9 |
  10. Grime

Grime

I got my Humax HDR1000 from Humax direct as 'second hand' model. The box was a bit shabby but everything else was as new. It included a one year guarantee and of course you are covered by the distance selling act so if you don't like it for any reason you can send it back.

I gave up using Sky and am now quids in.

My daughter has special needs have copied a lot of DVDs onto the box and she can operate the remote - something she could not do with Sky's remote

| Thu 12 Jun 2014 13:18:55 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.