My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Humax Freesat won't show channels while recording

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Wilfort - 2 hours ago  » 
    It was set at one cable. When I went to change it to two cables it said "Do you want to change the antenna system? All channels will be deleted" so I naturally didn't press it!

I would suggest the first thing to do is to look at the cable connections at the back of the box and check that everything is tight.

| Sun 31 Dec 2023 16:05:28 #11 |
  2. Texan Dan

Texan Dan

I've had the same problem as Wilfort. I checked the cables - all OK. I've tried to do a factory reset. When entering my postcode, I get a message saying "Invalid postcode. Please check your postcode."
    I've started over, re-entered the post code. Still no luck. I know it is the correct postcode because I've lived here for 12 years!!!
    And yes, I left a space between the 1st 4 characters and the last 3.

The other part of the problem I've been having is that when the Humax is set to record something, it will show up as recording by pressing the "i" button on the remote. But it is not actually recording it unless I move to the channel I am trying to record. If I don't do that, I still have access to all the other channels while it is supposedly recording the one I want. But if I go to the supposedly recording channel, then the recording finally starts. Then I also do not have access to any other channels.

| Tue 23 Jan 2024 13:25:33 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Texan Dan - 3 hours ago  » 
    I've had the same problem as Wilfort. I checked the cables - all OK. I've tried to do a factory reset. When entering my postcode, I get a message saying "Invalid postcode. Please check your postcode."

I would guess it is either a dish alignment problem or a faulty LNB.

| Tue 23 Jan 2024 17:00:17 #13 |
  4. Texan Dan

Texan Dan

Martin Liddle - 5 hours ago  » 

Texan Dan - 3 hours ago  » 

I would guess it is either a dish alignment problem or a faulty LNB.

Thanks @Martin Liddle - I will pursue that course!!!

| Tue 23 Jan 2024 22:20:45 #14 |
  5. Texan Dan

Texan Dan

Wilfort - 4 weeks ago  » 
    We've had our Humax Freesat recorder for over 13 years now. Recently it's developed a new problem. When recording a channel it won't show any other channels, only the one it is recording. All other channels come up as "no or bad signal". Anyone know why?

I had exactly the same problem + a few others!!! Eventually someone suggested I might want to look at the dish/LNB. Just got it fixed yesterday. The dish was OK. Not sure about the LNB but the fixings were rotten so he replaced it anyway. But what was most surprising (to me) was the condition of the cable from the dish coming inside to the box. It had completely worn away!! I live in a very exposed position so my dish has to put up with a lot!!! I've lived here for 12 years and am on my 3rd dish.
    Anyway, I am now back up & running.

| Sat 27 Jan 2024 16:11:35 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.