My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax FVP-4000T 2TB will not turn on.

(17 posts)
  1. mickiow

mickiow

Hi all,
    Humax FVP-4000T 2TB Smart Freeview Play. NERO recorder bought 15th August 2017
    From Humax Direct, which I received on 16th August.

Installed ok and it updated the software to: UKTFAE 1. 02.13
    Software build date: 17 Mat 2017

Found it difficult to see the standby / on / record light underneath the unit so sat the recorder on white laminate board, which reflected the lamp well.

Sunday 20th Aug had been out for the afternoon and on going to wake the recorder found the 'red' standby light not showing, and unable to switch the recorder to 'on'.

I tried plugging the mains recorder power plug into another wall socket, and it still will not respond.

I am very disappointed, after just 5 days am I entitled to another 'new' unit with delivery and return cost paid for by Humax.

Thanks,
    Mick.

| Mon 21 Aug 2017 5:51:36 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

mickiow - 35 minutes ago  » 
    Hi all,
    I am very disappointed, after just 5 days am I entitled to another 'new' unit with delivery and return cost paid for by Humax.
    Thanks,
    Mick.

I would certainly hope so, contact Humax Direct and discuss with them.

| Mon 21 Aug 2017 6:28:36 #2 |
  3. mickiow

mickiow

I would certainly hope so, contact Humax Direct and discuss with them.

Hi Barry,
    I phoned them yesterday, they are sending a new recorder.

It seems strange that they do 'next day delivery' for new items
    (with the customer paying the carriage) but for warrantee replacement's it takes 3 days, but at least a new recorder is on its way.

Thanks,
    Mick.

| Tue 22 Aug 2017 5:47:56 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

mickiow - 2 hours ago  » ...they do 'next day delivery' for new items...(with the customer paying the carriage) but for warranted replacement's it takes 3 days...

I had that problem with another well known online retailer. Having paid for next day and the TV failed within the week I expected next day on the replacement. No, sorry they said, 5 working days. I said, take this call as formal notice of order cancellation, to be followed up with an email if necessary. TV arrived the following day.

| Tue 22 Aug 2017 8:13:04 #4 |
  5. mickiow

mickiow

Pollensa1946 - 8 minutes ago  » 

mickiow - 2 hours ago  » ...they do 'next day delivery' for new items...(with the customer paying the carriage) but for warranted replacement's it takes 3 days...

I had that problem with another well known online retailer. Having paid for next day and the TV failed within the week I expected next day on the replacement. No, sorry they said, 5 working days. I said, take this call as formal notice of order cancellation, to be followed up with an email if necessary. TV arrived the following day.

Well done, wish I had thought of that!
    Mick.

| Tue 22 Aug 2017 8:22:42 #5 |
  6. mickiow

mickiow

Hi all,
    I have started a new thread because this is a different problem.

I ordered a new (not refurbished) Humax FVP-4000T 2TB Smart Freeview Play. NERO recorder on the 15th August 2017 From Humax Direct.

It arrived the next day, Installed ok and it updated the software to: UKTFAE 1. 02.13 Software build date: 17 May 2017

I found it difficult to see the standby / on / record light underneath the unit so sat the recorder on white laminate board, which reflected the lamp well.

Sunday 20th Aug I noticed the 'red' standby light was not showing, and unable to switch the recorder to 'on'.

I tried plugging the plug into another wall socket, and it still will not respond.

21-8-2017, I phoned Humax support on the Monday morning and They said they would send a replacement recorder only (me to keep all attachments to it) on Thursday 24-8-2017.

The 2nd FVP-4000T 2TB arrived on Wednesday 23-8-2017,in a plain white carton.
    I noticed the Serial number was an earlier one than the original recorder was, plus on setting it up, I was surprised to see the standby / on / record light was on the right hand side of the front panel, when we know the latest version has them underneath.

The 'new' box did not update the software, it already had: UKTFAE 1. 02.13
    Software build date: 17 May 2017.

It seems to me they have sent an earlier refurbished recorder, I paid for a brand new recorder that failed at just 4 days use ?
    Mick.

| Wed 23 Aug 2017 19:50:00 #1 |
  7. mickiow

mickiow

Hi all, the replacement arrived today 23-8-2017.
    I have started a new thread about the replacement as it is a new possible problem.
    Mick.

| Wed 23 Aug 2017 19:59:00 #6 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Mick I've merged the two threads for continuity.

You should have contacted Humax Direct who you purchased from as suggested in #2

For a unit that only lasted less than 7 Days I would have expected a like for like replacement.

Try contacting Humax Direct and see if they can sort this out.

| Wed 23 Aug 2017 20:13:39 #8 |
  9. mickiow

mickiow

Hi Barry,
    I did contact Humax Direct, and told them all the facts and they arranged a replacement.

What I was trying to ask is does it seem this is a refurbished replacement, before I get back on to them tomorrow?
    Mick.

| Wed 23 Aug 2017 20:22:33 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Apologises, in previous post you stated phoned Humax Support...

Old style, white carton, suggests to me a refurb.

| Wed 23 Aug 2017 21:20:38 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.