My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax FVP-4000T 2TB will not turn on.

(17 posts)
  1. mickiow

mickiow

Hi Barry,
    You were not wrong I did phone the support number in my call to them on the21st Aug as It was to me a support problem, they were given the order number so would have known it was a new 4 day old unit and not a refurbished one.

I have (24-8-2017) just phoned the Humax Direct Sales and product number and I think they wanted to transfer me to the support number, but I said this was a sales related call.

They have now said they will send a brand new packaged unit but now it will take until the 30th Aug which is 4 working days, 6 with the weekend.

I asked why they could not send it 'next day' as with a new order and was told they are not allowed to, and would not say why.

I would have gone for a refund, but the local stores only carry the 500GB model.

We will see what next Wednesday brings.
    Thanks,
    Mick.

| Thu 24 Aug 2017 9:26:50 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Humax Direct are working hard to establish a reputation as a company that I will not deal with in the future.

| Thu 24 Aug 2017 9:41:29 #12 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Pollensa1946 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Humax Direct are working hard to establish a reputation as a company that I will not deal with in the future.

Well I defected to Panasonic nearly two years ago and it works without fault but I still prefer the operating system of my trusty 9200 tuned to only three multiplexes. Back in the early days of the F2-FOX T and PVR 8000T Humax were the dogs bits but their software was always a bit iffy.

| Thu 24 Aug 2017 12:57:33 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Based on my experience with my 1xHDR1000S and 3xHB1000S I would be happy to include a future Humax product in my list of possibles, just that Humax Direct will not be my first choice supplier. I like online suppliers that value their customers.

| Thu 24 Aug 2017 15:43:48 #14 |
  5. mickiow

mickiow

Hi all,
    Recap of events with Humax Direct.
    Humax FVP-4000T 2TB Smart Freeview Play. NERO recorder bought 15th August 2017 From Humax Direct.

Installed ok and it updated the software to: UKTFAE 1. 02.13 Software build date: 17 Mar 2017.

20th Aug 2017 found the 'red' standby light not showing, and unable to switch the recorder to 'on'.
    I tried plugging the plug into another wall socket, and it still will not respond.

21-8-2017, I phoned Humax support on: 0344 318 8800 (UK Customer Helpline)
    They said they would send a replacement recorder only (me to keep all attachments to it) on Thursday 24-8-2017, I did ask why when I ordered the new unit it was delivered the next day but they were now saying 3 days for a warrantee replacement!

The 2nd FVP-4000T 2TB Smart Freeview Play. NERO recorder arrived on Wednesday 23-8-2017, in a plain white carton.
    It had an earlier serial no then the original, on setting it up, I was surprised to see the standby / on / record light was on the right hand side of the front panel, when the first unit has them underneath.
    They have sent a refurbished recorder, I paid for a brand new recorder that failed at just 4 days use?

Thursday 24-8-2017 at 09.05 phoned the Humax Direct Sales and product (T: 0333 577 7545)
    They said they will send a brand new packaged unit but now it will take until the 30th Aug which is 4 working days, & 6 with the weekend.

I asked why they could not send it 'next day' as with a new order and was told they are not allowed to.

Delivery day: 30-8-2017 at 11am no email from delivery agent DPD Parcels, with a delivery slot so I phoned Humax they had not sent a new recorder as promised on 24-8-2017.

They then offered me an extra 6 months warrantee instead if I kept the refurbished FVP-4000T, or they would send a 'new' unit on the 8th Sep.

I replied I was not going to wait yet another week when it is their fault again and I would have my money back, they said they would collect the refurbished FVP-4000T on 1-9-2017, and I would receive my refund within 14 days.
    I received the refund into my account 16-9-2017.

Humax have good products but their customer service is very lacking.

Meanwhile I bought one from Curry's, that so far seems ok.
    Mick.

| Sat 16 Sep 2017 9:28:43 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Haggis54

Sorry to hear your woes, not exactly stellar customer support. In this digital world it's probably going to get worse, sadly.
    Anyway, here's my tale.
    I wanted to test the fvp-4000T before I purchased and wanted the latest model with dual led, improved remote control. This I knew I couldn't get without using the distance selling act. Let me explain. My wife and I had visited our HUGE PC world which had several of the models on display, gold and mocha 500gb and 1tb but obviously couldn't ascertain if it was old stock or not. We asked the rep for a demo ( dozens of TVs displaying in demo mod, just a simple case of plugging it in and seeing the new remote- so you would think?) regardless of us telling them they had a sale guaranteed, cash in hand, he asked the manager and he refused saying he couldn't output it to a tv- taking that as "couldn't be bothered" No problem, we told him we will just purchase under the distance selling act, through Amazon uk. To which he said, that's the best way....what? We couldn't believe he said that..... Which we did. It was cheaper than Humax direct and *was* the newer model, plus of course you get one year return with Amazon, no quibbles and another year registering with Humax online. Being with Amazon now for the best part of 20+ years, we've never had issues returning faulty or distance selling with them and getting a new product or refund. An example I build my own PCs and have done for over 27 years, My last case was two £300 graphics cards from different manufacturers which (unbeknown to me) had incompatible firmware that just wouldn't work with my motherboard and or games, Each card was returned and a new one despatched the next day ( explaining them to be faulty and giving corrupt/pixelated output, which they did under duress) with costs picked up by Amazon for return pickup, no challenges made. Finally after finding that the same chipset was affected on both cards, I returned the second card, second day and ordered a newer model of card (my third in three days!) informed Amazon the reason I found on a thread that was approaching a couple of hundred pages confirming the "issue" , which they thanked me for, but didn't ask for. Result I have had this card now for over 4 years with zero issues it cost me slightly more but had a 5 year warranty. The whole thing was I had zero hassle with dodgy refurbished products as Amazon is a portal and other than things like software, the distance selling act works in your favour- provided you of course put in some homework in that you *know* there is for eg a newer model, not just newer firmware for the fvp-4000T.
    Try doing that in a shop, no chance! Miss out dealing with an online dealership and purchase from the likes of Amazon and they can't hide behind 'second hand, refurbished goods' unless they say that.
    I hope your issues are now resolved.
    Good luck.

| Tue 19 Sep 2017 17:03:50 #16 |
  7. mickiow

mickiow

Hi Haggis54,
    An interesting account, it is difficult sometimes to know what to do for the best.

My new FVP-4000T 1TB recorder all going great so far.
    Mick.

| Wed 20 Sep 2017 9:03:55 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.