My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax FVP 4000T Mocha losing epg population

(34 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

poisondwarf

Martin Liddle - 20 minutes ago  » 

poisondwarf - 2 hours ago  » 
    I have no idea if it is vertically polarised or not.
    Best part is....I have no idea what vertical polarisation is

If you look at the aerial are the elements in a vertical plane or a horizontal plane.

I ll check tomorrow after work

| Thu 4 May 2017 22:57:05 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

doca

For what it's worth I have the same problem. I set the Humax every Friday evening for the following week, and there's rarely a week when one or more channels aren't missing.

Last night it was BBC2, ITV and Channel 4 that were missing altogether after about day 2. Tonight they'll probably be back again, but no Humax I've ever owned (quite a few) has misbehaved like this.

It's also decided to fail to record the odd programme here and there at random just to keep me on my toes.

How this thing came to be released in its present form (despite all the updates) I'll never understand. It must have cost Humax so many customers, and once you've lost that trust people rarely come back again.

| Sat 6 May 2017 19:36:31 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

poisondwarf

doca - 4 hours ago  » 
    For what it's worth I have the same problem. I set the Humax every Friday evening for the following week, and there's rarely a week when one or more channels aren't missing.
    Last night it was BBC2, ITV and Channel 4 that were missing altogether after about day 2. Tonight they'll probably be back again, but no Humax I've ever owned (quite a few) has misbehaved like this.
    It's also decided to fail to record the odd programme here and there at random just to keep me on my toes.
    How this thing came to be released in its present form (despite all the updates) I'll never understand. It must have cost Humax so many customers, and once you've lost that trust people rarely come back again.

Thanks for your reply.
    Hopefully Humax will look into this problem if they read these boards and realise that it is an actual problem for many people and their boxes

| Sun 7 May 2017 0:04:01 #23 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

poisondwarf - 13 hours ago  » 

doca - 4 hours ago  » 

Thanks for your reply.
    Hopefully Humax will look into this problem if they read these boards and realise that it is an actual problem for many people and their boxes

As a few are reporting the issue, and I have also witnessed similar - changing to an affected channel appears to help in populating the missing data.

Whilst Humax Towers managers do indeed read this Forum, I will also highlight to them tomorrow.

| Sun 7 May 2017 13:15:38 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

poisondwarf

Barry - 46 minutes ago  » 

doca - 4 hours ago  » 

Thanks for your reply.

As a few are reporting the issue, and I have also witnessed similar - changing to an affected channel appears to help in populating the missing data.
    Whilst Humax Towers managers do indeed read this Forum, I will also highlight to them tomorrow.

Thanks Barry,
    Much appreciated.

| Sun 7 May 2017 14:02:17 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

poisondwarf

g4rth - 2 days ago  » 
    I'm having the same problem. No EPG info on BBC1, 2 and 4 at the moment although it is available on the HD BBC channels and was available a couple of hours ago. I'm on the vertically polarized Rowridge transmitter.

Just checked,
    All of the aerials around here are horizontal.
    They all appear to be looking at Winter Hill...same as me.

| Sun 7 May 2017 14:06:17 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Barry - 1 month ago  » 

doca - 4 hours ago  » 

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any word on this from Humax Barry? I'm still seeing pages of missing programme data, especially when searching a few days ahead. Sometimes changing the channel helps populating the guide or skipping forward/back through the guide but sometimes not. I eventually managed to get it to populate to record a programme today and went back into the guide afterwards and the programme info had disappeared again (the record icon was still there though). Thanks.

| Mon 12 Jun 2017 15:41:58 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

poisondwarf

BlackGhost - 3 hours ago  » 

Barry - 1 month ago  » 

doca - 4 hours ago  » 

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any word on this from Humax Barry? I'm still seeing pages of missing programme data, especially when searching a few days ahead. Sometimes changing the channel helps populating the guide or skipping forward/back through the guide but sometimes not. I eventually managed to get it to populate to record a programme today and went back into the guide afterwards and the programme info had disappeared again (the record icon was still there though). Thanks.

Same here and i actually think that it is getting worse.
    I went into the HD range of channels only a couple of days ago, in order to do some planning, and most of the HD channels in view, starting with BBC 1hd at the top of the page, had no epg data in view.
    I didnt bother to scroll forward to see how far they were all blank because I am used to it now.

I did my programming a couple of hours later.

It really is a bit of a mess when a non cheap bit of kit doesnt work as it should.

| Mon 12 Jun 2017 19:04:07 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

poisondwarf

Just thought I would bump this.
    Unfortunately, the epg issue is still there.
    It is a huge problem with this box

Barry,
    I take it that when you highlighted the issue with Humax Towers, they didnt offer up a solution?

| Sun 11 Feb 2018 13:04:42 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

poisondwarf - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Just thought I would bump this.
    Unfortunately, the epg issue is still there.
    It is a huge problem with this box

Try setting a daily power on timer on BBC 1-HD 0700 Volume 20 and a power off timer at 07:15.

Are you using recording padding ? If so that's likely to be causing the issue. With accurate recording the box wakes up 15 mins before giving time for the epg to populate. With padding the box wakes up at the scheduled time adjusted by the padding. If you don't have the power on timer to rebuild the epg you lose one day of epg if you are away. Recording will stop after 7 days.

| Sun 11 Feb 2018 13:13:44 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.