My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax FVP 4000T Mocha losing epg population

(34 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

doca

Oddly, I was just saying to the wife a day or two back that we've had no problems with it for quite a while now.

It seems to have settled down to normal (but very slow between screens when setting, as before) working.

Would I buy another (or rather the replacement Humax)? Yes - but the new model seems as buggy as the old one from the reviews.

| Sun 11 Feb 2018 12:15:28 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

poisondwarf

grahamlthompson - 3 minutes ago  » 

poisondwarf - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Just thought I would bump this.
    Unfortunately, the epg issue is still there.
    It is a huge problem with this box

Try setting a daily power on timer on BBC 1-HD 0700 Volume 20 and a power off timer at 07:15.
    Are you using recording padding ? If so that's likely to be causing the issue. With accurate recording the box wakes up 15 mins before giving time for the epg to populate. With padding the box wakes up at the scheduled time adjusted by the padding. If you don't have the power on timer to rebuild the epg you lose one day of epg if you are away. Recording will stop after 7 days.

Thanks for a fast reply
    Can that 15 minute timer be set via the box itself..or maybe I can use one of those mechanical plug in timer things and plug the mains lead of the humax into that?
    That would seem like a simple solution to me.

I have to ask...why volume 20?

EDIT,
    sorry guys...I now see what you mean, and ive set it up in the system settings as per your instructions

| Sun 11 Feb 2018 12:19:18 #32 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

poisondwarf - 1 minute ago  » 

Try setting a daily power on timer on BBC 1-HD 0700 Volume 20 and a power off timer at 07:15.
    Are you using recording padding ? If so that's likely to be causing the issue. With accurate recording the box wakes up 15 mins before giving time for the epg to populate. With padding the box wakes up at the scheduled time adjusted by the padding. If you don't have the power on timer to rebuild the epg you lose one day of epg if you are away. Recording will stop after 7 days.

Thanks for a fast reply
    Can that 15 minute timer be set via the box itself..or maybe I can use one of those mechanical plug in timer things and plug the mains lead of the humax into that?

Volume 20 because the box works best if the default volume output is set to max and use the TV or AV Receiver volume to control.

You will find the power on and off timer in the box settings.

Home - settings - System settings - power timer

An external timer will not boot the box so would be useless.

| Sun 11 Feb 2018 12:25:02 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

poisondwarf

grahamlthompson - 31 seconds ago  » 

poisondwarf - 1 minute ago  » 

Thanks for a fast reply

Volume 20 because the box works best if the default volume output is set to max and use the TV or AV Receiver volume to control.
    You will find the power on and off timer in the box settings.
    Home - settings - System settings - power timer

Thanks very much for your help...i have now set all of that up.
    Lets see if it works

| Sun 11 Feb 2018 12:26:09 #34 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.