My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax FVP-4KGTR/GB/1TB

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

richardalbon

I am the owner of Humax FVP-4KGTR/GB/1TB Freeview recorder which I bought 3 years ago. Not sure if anyone else owns this particular model as there seems to be many of them

| Sat 9 Dec 2023 20:10:32 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

richardalbon - 4 mins ago  » 
    I am the owner of Humax FVP-4KGTR/GB/1TB Freeview recorder which I bought 3 years ago. Not sure if anyone else owns this particular model as there seems to be many of them

It is better known as the Humax Aura and a fair number of people here own one, me included.

| Sat 9 Dec 2023 20:15:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

richardalbon

Hi Martin, Over the last 18 months I have noticed that streaming freeview programs hang after a couple of minutes. I have struggled to fix this including reseting to manufacturers settings

| Sat 9 Dec 2023 20:34:14 #3 |
  4. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

If your TV has all the streaming apps you need, don't bother with the Aura versions - they cause more trouble than they are worth. I don't use any of them on my Aura, never connect it to the internet, never put it into deep standby and it's pretty reliable for me. The ability to record 4 programmes simultaneously is the big plus for this device. The newly announced Manhattan T4-R still has only 2 tuners (record 2, watch a 3rd), so a complete no-no for me - what a missed opportunity, what on Earth were Manhattan thinking?

| Sun 10 Dec 2023 12:38:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

Geoff_W - 7 hours ago  » 
    If your TV has all the streaming apps you need, don't bother with the Aura versions - they cause more trouble than they are worth. I don't use any of them on my Aura, never connect it to the internet, never put it into deep standby and it's pretty reliable for me. The ability to record 4 programmes simultaneously is the big plus for this device. The newly announced Manhattan T4-R still has only 2 tuners (record 2, watch a 3rd), so a complete no-no for me - what a missed opportunity, what on Earth were Manhattan thinking?

Do you really need to record 4 channels at the same time?
    Thats what catchup is for

| Sun 10 Dec 2023 20:18:27 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

richardalbon

I just want a reliable streaming and dont care if I cant record. An alternative to a smart tv is a laptop with a large enough monitor attached. I can garantee a reliable service that way

| Sun 10 Dec 2023 22:34:45 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dave480

kr002

For me 4 is probably too many but 2 is definitely not enough.

| Mon 11 Dec 2023 10:27:35 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dave480

richardalbon - 11 hours ago  » 
    I just want a reliable streaming and dont care if I cant record. An alternative to a smart tv is a laptop with a large enough monitor attached. I can garantee a reliable service that way

If all you want is a streamer get an AppleTV/Firestick/Roku/Chromecast/Shield, IMO any of these will be better than the Aura.

I use an AppleTV and a Firestick for streaming and only use the Aura for recording Freeview, I found it far too unreliable with apps added.

| Mon 11 Dec 2023 10:29:51 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

kr002 - 14 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 7 hours ago  » 

Thats what catchup is for

I quite often make full use of the three tuners. Catch up is OK if you don't mind sitting through loads of ads, except BBC of course.

| Mon 11 Dec 2023 10:34:58 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

richardalbon

Help ! I am looking to buy amazon firestick, assuming it covers all the freeview channels for streaming. There is various options ordinary and lite etc. I was disturbed by the idea of talking to Alexa to control my TV. I just want to press buttons, or is that not an option on Firestick ?

| Mon 11 Dec 2023 10:56:19 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.