My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Humax H3 Espresso Smart Media Player

(53 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

captgeneralmark

If anyone is interested, I've located a copy of the quick install quide here: Quick start quide
    Not all that much information, though. It is for the UK version if the page numbers are any quide.

| Sat 22 Oct 2016 14:37:16 #11 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

A few more questions:
    How many H3 can be paired with the FVP4000T?
    How many recordings can be watched simultaneously if you have a number of H3?

| Sun 23 Oct 2016 11:10:51 #12 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Mars - 37 minutes ago  » 
    A few more questions:
    How many H3 can be paired with the FVP4000T?
    How many recordings can be watched simultaneously if you have a number of H3?

Not sure anyone here can answer those questions currently with any degree of certainty.

I'll ask Humax Towers.

| Sun 23 Oct 2016 11:49:29 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

sceptic

I had a quick play with one of these tonight. The hardware looks good apart from the remote which was a bit of a letdown as unfortunately its IR based... The main feature I wanted to try was the ability to playback recordings from a FVP-4000T. Unfortunately I could not get this to work. I could see the box in the DLNA section, but the Content folder was always empty. Live streaming worked fine for both HD and SD channels. App support as poor, with only YouTube, Netflix, TV Player and some rather dubious Humax apps. On a plus note app performance looked good, with quick navigation in the YouTube app.

| Tue 25 Oct 2016 23:02:17 #14 |
  5. Mars

Mars

special member

6. User has not uploaded an avatar

captgeneralmark

During last night's play with the box, DLNA worked with both my fvp4000 boxes. This morning nothing. The contents folders on both boxes were showing as empty.

However, SAMBA works. Although I needed to give both the fvp4000 boxes static ip addresses, and wade though all the non-playable files shown (those with extensions other than .ts). SAMBA also works when the box is in standby, so that's a bonus as DLNA only seemed to work when the fvp4000 was on - which is to be expected.

Also, when viewing the epg, I can't find an easy way to skip a day other than scrolling. Have I missed something there?

| Wed 26 Oct 2016 11:49:15 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Mars - 2 hours ago  » 
    A review of the H3:
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/humax-s-new-h3-espresso-media-player-lets-you-stream-live-tv

I'm very familiar with the trustedreviews site and that is clearly not a review. Rather it's just a copy of the Humax announcement material.

| Wed 26 Oct 2016 12:40:53 #17 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

captgeneralmark - 2 days ago  » 
    Also, when viewing the epg, I can't find an easy way to skip a day other than scrolling. Have I missed something there?

Press and hold the left/right arrow buttons.

| Fri 28 Oct 2016 12:52:19 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

captgeneralmark

Ahh, thanks for that Barry. Same as the fvp4000t then.

| Fri 28 Oct 2016 13:28:23 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Pollensa1946 - 6 days ago  » 
    This is definitely going to be hidden behind the TV if they release a Freesat version.

I think you have had to much Spanish sun. I'd be amazed if they do anything like this for freesat. We have become the Cinderella format sadly.

| Fri 28 Oct 2016 13:38:12 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.