My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax HDR 1000s /1010s intermittent power up issue

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Fleabag

Hi and thank you to anyone who may be able to help ! I purchased the above box from Humax probably 7/8 years ago but it has had very little use ,it has always been fine turning straight on from the remote after being turned on at the wall socket , but lately it’s been dead ( no standby light on the box after turning on at the wall) I thought it was broken but after a few attempts at powering up from the wall the box will come to life ! And then everything works perfectly until Its put into standby and I turn it off , after this it is turned back on say the next night but no red standby light until I plug /unplug the power lead a few times until thered light appears on the front of the box ! The first thing o noticed about this issue was a reluctance to come out of standby after turning on at the wall it was as if the remote wasn’t working but upon pressing the power on button on the box itself it remained in standby mode ! Now it’s more reluctant to even power up !! Sorry to waffle on but trying to give an idea of the way it has declined ! Can’t understand why it’s A- not getting a red standby light after turning on and B- why it won’t come out of standby off the remote or the box button! Thanks for any help cheers !

| Thu 21 Jul 2022 8:00:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Fleabag,
    Welcome to the forum. The symptoms sound very much like problems my old Humax 1000s had. There is a known issue for this model. It was design fault and was replaced by 1100s model. It will need a repair and I would think it is not be cost affective. The main problem was the sata interface from hard drive to motherboard. A few years ago Humax did a repair/swap (mine was swapped over to newer model) but no longer provide service. Might be worth getting a quote from online repairer mentioned on forum.

https://www.digirepairs.co.uk/product/humax-set-top-box-repair-booking/

John L

| Thu 21 Jul 2022 16:50:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

landyoneten

Hello All.

I am new to this site so thought that I would introduce myself.

As a qualified Electronics Engineer and Humax enthusiast, I have worked with Humax boxes for many years and have gained a good knowledge and experience with them.

I have joined this forum to help others with identifying and resolving issues and I have recently began my own small business doing electronics repairs of all varieties.

The bulk of my work has been with Humax boxes particularly the HDR-1100S no power/recording/signal issues as well as many others.

Please do get in touch if I can help in any way, whether its just for a chat or to arrange a repair.

Thanks,
    Matt

| Wed 20 Dec 2023 22:40:22 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.