My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax HDR-1000S 500GB - £195!

(4 posts)
  1. chrisund123

chrisund123

Saw this on HUKD - Much cheaper than I paid, and as I'm waiting for my Sky subscription to end I haven't even started using mine properly yet!!

Absolute bargain.

| Fri 9 Nov 2012 12:43:12 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

HEYABC

The product is not bad but make sure you know what you are getting before you end SKY - its not bad and will be an excellent product in a year or so i hope but riddled with errors and bugs and failures at present. HDR-1000s

| Mon 12 Nov 2012 1:52:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

Personally speaking, I couldn't wait to end my Sky sub and I'm not disappointed with the Hdr1000s at all. The main problem with Sky, apart from the crummy hardware, and the endless ads, and the endless repeats, was the price, My monthly sub went up from £30 to £40 in 3 years - I didn't add anything, the programs didn't improve any, but the price shot up. When I realised that there'd been nothing decent on Sky Movies for six months and I mainly watched free channels, and Sky1 / 2 being on an endless cycle of Simpsons & Futurama repeats & when you've seen them all ten times, there's no point watching further.

Re. the hdr1000s: I've had 2 crashes on the box, the TV guide is a bit sluggish, but compared with all the bugs, failed recordings, outright crashes, and loud disk noise I had with Sky, the minor issues with the Humax box are really nothing at all.

So - returning to topic - I wish that offer had been available when I bought mine! Absolute bargain!

| Mon 12 Nov 2012 10:51:40 #3 |
  4. chrisund123

chrisund123

Well I'm not going to chuck out my sky+ HD box, so if I don't get on with the humax (despite being quite happy with it over the one day I hooked it up before binning off my sky subscription) I can always go to freesat from sky.

But no way am I going to fork out £36 p/m for the mainly terestrial TV that I watch...

| Mon 12 Nov 2012 16:05:27 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.