My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax HDR 1010S Specificiation

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

iantresman

Where can I find a complete spec of the Humax HDR 1010S? The Humax HDR-1010S Manual is incomplete.

I was trying to find out more about the use of the SPDIF socket on the back. For example, is the SPDIF coax RCA, or optical; the manual doesn't even acknowledge its existence. The manual also makes no reference to the SCART socket, and the only image of the connector bares no resemblance to the 1010S.

| Thu 10 Sep 2015 11:11:31 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's optical (toslink) and is always active so you can use it at same time as the HDMI digital audio out. I use mine to feed cordless surround headphones together with my other boxes (I have a optical toslink matrix switch). There's not much else to say other than the scart output and rca phono CVBS/R/L outputs are also always on so all can be used at the same time.

Either the scart or the RCA phonos can be used to connect to a RF modulator to send the video and audio to remote TV's using coax.

| Thu 10 Sep 2015 12:02:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

iantresman

Thanks for the clarification. I think an SPDIF (Toslink) bluetooth transmitter is what I want. I'm trying to feed the sound to a Samsung WAM350 M3 wireless speaker, which has only wi-fi and bluetooth connectivity.

| Thu 10 Sep 2015 12:10:20 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

iantresman - 50 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the clarification. I think an SPDIF (Toslink) bluetooth transmitter is what I want. I'm trying to feed the sound to a Samsung WAM350 M3 wireless speaker, which has only wi-fi and bluetooth connectivity.

Unlikely to make any difference at all to the quality (could even be worse). Basically it's down to the DAC in the transmitter to the DAC in the Humax. My monies on the Humax. Basically these are for those without suitable analogue audio outputs to feed a transmitter (Like most modern TV's). If you think the device will send the toslink signal think again. The Bluetooth receiver in your speaker wouldn't understand the data.

| Thu 10 Sep 2015 13:05:17 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.