My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Humax HDR 1100s and Sony KDL-40WE663 Freeview HD

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mexicano

When I have my Humax 1100S box switched on, all the HD channels, except channels 1 to 5 on Freeview don't work. All it says is "No signal. Please check your antenna connection." All the SD channels are fine.
    I've only just noticed a few days ago and maybe someone can confirm if this is correct or have I done something wrong?
    It's not really a big deal as I watch on my Humax most of the time anyway. It's just annoying.
    Is the Humax box clashing somehow with the Freeview on the tv set?
    I've done a full factory reset and also a Digital Auto Tuning.
    I also read on Google someone suggested to disconnect the aerial and do Auto Tune to lose all the services and then do another auto tune with the aerial cable connected again.
    That didn't do anything either.
    I was going to call an installer to check my aerial on the roof but decided to ask the forum first.
    Any help or advice would be appreciated.

| Sat 26 Oct 2019 12:19:47 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mexicano - 47 mins ago  » 
    When I have my Humax 1100S box switched on, all the HD channels, except channels 1 to 5 on Freeview don't work. All it says is "No signal. Please check your antenna connection." All the SD channels are fine.

Can I just confirm that you are saying that channels like BBC Four HD and BBC NEWS HD are missing? These are carried on different multiplexes (to the main HD channels) which are transmitted at lower power so you may not be able to receive them. If you could supply your postcode we can give you sensible advice.

| Sat 26 Oct 2019 13:11:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mexicano

My postcode is E176RA which I believe is Crystal Palace transmitter.
    The Freeview website says I should receive 15 HD channels, and I did until a few days ago. All I get now is BBC1 and 2, ITV, CH 4 and CH 5 but with the other channels all I get is the box message on the bottom right of the screen "No signal. Please check your antenna connection."
    But as I said, I can watch them but only if I switch off the Humax box first!

| Sat 26 Oct 2019 13:22:17 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mexicano - 1 hour ago  » 
    But as I said, I can watch them but only if I switch off the Humax box first!

You certainly ought to be able to get the correct multiplexes. Is the HDMI lead from the Humax close to the aerial cable for the TV? It could be interference causing the problem and getting them as far apart as possible might help as might a better quality screened HDMI lead and a double screened aerial feed cable for the TV.

| Sat 26 Oct 2019 14:41:41 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mexicano

The aerial and HDMI cables are close together but there is no other choice. The aerial connector is right below the HDMI connectors.
    So I can't actually separate them.
    The aerial cable is one long cable from the roof down the house and thru a hole in the wall into the TV. I can't change the cable.
    I've used the same HDMI cables since I bought the tv nearly 3 years ago and as I have said, I didn't have this trouble before last week.

| Sat 26 Oct 2019 16:40:14 #5 |
  6. Trev

Trev

special member

Unplug the HDMI cable at both ends. Switch on the TV. Check Freeview (tune as required as your previous tuning has probably cleared out the tuning database).
    Once you have the TV working, switch on the 1100S and see if it still wipes out Freeview.
    If the TV is still OK, then reconnect the HDMI cable. Does it wipe out now. If Yes then you have found the problem. HDMI leakage into the TV aerial cable.

Possibilities are either or all of the following.
    HDMI/aerial cables too close as already mentioned. (Have you taped them together?)
    Poor quality HDMI cable

| Sat 26 Oct 2019 18:37:13 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mexicano - 2 hours ago  » 
    The aerial and HDMI cables are close together but there is no other choice. The aerial connector is right below the HDMI connectors.
    So I can't actually separate them.

Agreed they will be close at the ends where they connect to the TV but surely you can keep them apart beyond that?

The aerial cable is one long cable from the roof down the house and thru a hole in the wall into the TV. I can't change the cable.

You could fit a face plate or a coupler where it comes through the wall. Is the cable old; if it is modern it could be reasonably screened.

I've used the same HDMI cables since I bought the tv nearly 3 years ago and as I have said, I didn't have this trouble before last week.

So what HAS changed? Have you checked for water getting into the cable (which can cause reception problems and worse destroy the tuner in the TV)?

| Sat 26 Oct 2019 18:52:43 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

mexicano

Martin, Trev,

Thanks for you your help and very clear and patient instructions

I separated the HDMI cables as far away as they would go from the aerial cable and IT WORKED!!

The TV has these brackets on the feet where you can tuck the cables in and I used them to tidy up the HDMI and aerial cable.

I'll go out tomorrow and buy longer HDMI cables.

Again, thanks for your help guys.

| Sat 26 Oct 2019 19:49:38 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mexicano - 48 mins ago  » 
    I separated the HDMI cables as far away as they would go from the aerial cable and IT WORKED!!

Result! Well done.

| Sat 26 Oct 2019 20:38:25 #9 |
  10. Trev

Trev

special member

So it was tidying up that screwed it up?

| Sat 26 Oct 2019 21:53:54 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.